Thinking about changing my cell number?

I've been Nc for like 4 days now, and I can't stop checking my phone every few minutes, I've taking drastic measures, deleted and blocked her on fb plus deactivated, changed my msn, deleted my primarily email, this is the only thing left that she can contact me at besides showing up at my front door.

Is it to drastic?

I was thinking of doing the same thing at one point. But a week or so after the NC I got so used not having to call him or I didn't expect a call from him anymore. Just remember it's a habit that you just have to get used to. Once you get used to not calling your ex it will get easier and easier. Trust me. But ultimately you will make the final decision and if you think this will help you than by all means go ahead. But I don't think you should do it.

With a blackberry you can "mute" your ex's number. I have done this, but yes, it doesn't stop me from checking. It will just give me time to think if he calls. Im sure it would shock your ex if you changed your number. I was thinking of doing this, but I cannot change my work cell, so there is no point. Your ex could call your work.

if you change absolutely everything (phone, msn, fb etc etc) then you will have indeed closed all doors and you will be constantly wondering if she ever tried to contact you or not, so you might end up contacting her yourself. this is why it might be better to keep your number. this way you will know for sure if she really try to contact you or not. without breaking the NC yourself.

well my family still talks to her, she has a young son and throughout the year we dated they became really close to him, i'm just the one thinking of cutting everything now, as we broke up last february and like a idiot been there for her like the "nice guy"

if you change absolutely everything (phone, msn, fb etc etc) then you will have indeed closed all doors and you will be constantly wondering if she ever tried to contact you or not, so you might end up contacting her yourself. this is why it might be better to keep your number. this way you will know for sure if she really try to contact you or not. without breaking the NC yourself.

exactly.

and i think it is a little drastic.. now you would have to tell every person your new number? too much work.

Archived