friends with Benefits?? Im so confused

ok well to make a long story short I went out with a total jerk named Steven and then I met his best friend Ricky. Ricky is the total opposite of Steven. He doesnt lie hes sweet and hes there when you need him. Well now that Steven and I are over ricky and I became closer. I asked him out many times but he always said no because he was in love with my best friend Becky. But Becky and him arent a couple and never will be again. Lately everytime I see Ricky he is all over me. We flirt and we kiss alot. He suggested friends with benefits and I told him no thats dumb. So we just started to go out but I broke up with him for a guy named Brian, which was a stupid move cuz Brian and I lasted a few days only. Well Ricky and I went with my aunt to a place 45 minutes away from where we live. He was again all over me and he tried to kiss me many times and I would push him away. He got really mad. Later that day we started to go out again. Everything was great we talked and saw each other. Well one night I was talkin to him on the phone and he just hung up. I called him back and his friend told me that ricky and I was over. I was so confused.....hes all over me and everything seemed fine then he up and leaves. He likes me one second then the next he doesnt. Hes overall a sweet guy......just confused. I really need Ricky in my life. Meeting him made me get over my jerk of a boyfriend Steven. I dunno what to say to him to let him know I like him alot. How can he like me one second but not the next....maybe since I broke up with him once hes afraid to get to attached....and Becky breakin up with him doesnt help. He told me awhile ago after we first broke up he wanted to be with me but cant cuz he hates gettin dumped. He is my best friend and all.....and hes very special but bein friends is hard.....

For starters, before you guys were going out and you were kissing and stuff you already were friends with benefits. As for this him being scared thing, it's a risk he should be willing to take if he really does have feelings for you. You need to go out on a limb to get the apple!

• 1 month later...

FIRST OF ALL, I KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH KINDA. ME AND MY EX WENT OUT TWICE AND THEN HE STARTED GOING OUT WITH MY FRIEND LEENIE, AND HE SAID HE STILL LIKED ME. SO HE WANTED TO BE F.W.B. TOO. I SAID NO AT FIRST BUT THEN AGREED. AFTER A WHILE WE WANTED TO GO BACK OUT, SO WE TOLD LEENIE SOME STUFF AND BROKE THEM UP, AND THEN I WENT OUT WITH HIM FOR 2 WEEKS AND THEN BROKE UP WITH HIM AGIAN. WELL THAT TIME HE WAS REALLY MAD AND WOULDN'T EVEN TALK TO ME. BUT I DIDN'T TRY TO TALK TO HIM FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS AND HE KOOLED DOWN AND NOW HE WANTS TO BE FRIENDS AGIAN SO I SAID OK. I JUST WANT IT TO STAY THAT WAY, BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT WILL, BECUZ LAST TIME HE WANTED TO BE F.W.B., HE STARTED OUT BY JUST HUGGING ON ME...AND HE'S BACK TO THAT AGIAND, LOL.