i like two girls but can't decide

I have other posts about these girls, but this subjects somewhat different.

I met this girl at the start of last school year (about a year ago). Right when i saw her i fell for her. She showed an interest in me too, so we started to talk and hang out at school. Long story short, we started arguing about a lot of dumb little things. So when i asked her out, she said no because of that. Even after that, we were still "friends" but not really.

A week later i met her friend. We hit it off right away. We have everything in common and get along so well. But by the time i got the nerve to ask her out it was too late - she had a new boyfriend. At this point i like her, but i still have feelings for the first girl.

A while later, i hear from a friend that the first girl liked me before the arguing started. I never knew this, so i made a risky move and told her i like her. She said she didn't want to go out with me but wanted to be friends. But right after she started being really nice to me, kind of like she likes me. In an email i asked what she thought of being more than friends. She said "we should hang out as friends before we go out." I've heard a lot of opinions about what she said. So what does it mean?

A few days ago, her friend calls me. She was really nice - my first impression was she's interested. She said that we should hang out and told me to email and call her. Does she sound interested in me? Is she expecting me to ask her out?

What do i do?!! I like both girls a lot. Each of them have something the other doesn't. Both of them seem to like me, but i can't tell from what they've said to me. If i stay with the first girl, maybe she just wants to be friends and i'll lose a chance with her friend. If i go out with her friend, i may lose the girl i had feelings for all along. And one of them could tell the other that she's going out with me. I don't want to lose either of them for now, nor do i want to hurt anyone. I don't even know for sure if they both like me or not. I'm only going on my first impressions on how they've been acting around me, plus our past.

I'm really confused and don't have a clue about what to do. I know its a confusing post but this is really hard for me and i wouldn't mind hearing someone's advice. I know i'll figure this out as i talk to both of them, but right now i'd like a better view on it. Thanks a bunch

From the sounds of things man number 2...Then again the first girl had really good intentions with you but, then you guys started arguing and who wants a relationship of arguing? So she probably didn't want that so maybe if you start talking to her and stop aruguing i think you got her down....for the second girl i wouldnt ask her out so yet...if your still basing stuff on first impressions you guys need to start talkin more...its better to know someone before you start dating them, it helps out the relationship..... But i wouldnt get too close with her going from a really close friend to dating is like in a way weird but it can works sometimes... But you need to look at what would make you more happy, and what kind would each offer you and can you imagine there personality with you in the future? And are they the kind of person that is going to split after a couple weeks?

I'm sorry, i didn't mean first impressions as in i barely know them. I haven't seen either girl for about 2 months since school ended. So when we start talking again its like a first impression because its been so long. We used to see each other everyday all year. I know them both pretty well. Just wanted to clear that up.

Nothing's happened yet. The first girl was out of town and she'll probably be back this weekend. I'm going to call her friend and ask her to hang out this week. Maybe she knows somethings going on between me and the first girl because she asked about us. So i don't know if she's interested in me that way for sure. I'll figure it out pretty soon. Its a really long story thats been going on for about a year now. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

all i have to say is chose one because if u go for both even if u think no ones gonna find out u get screwed and get neither trust me on this one personal life experience same situation except i tried to figure out a way for both not quite sure what i was thinkin at the time other than i was thinkin with the wrong head