Christmas Gifts

2kids

Help me I need some ideas!!! My kids are 11 and 8, boy and girl respectively, and I am really having a hard time coming up with good gift ideas. They are both getting the normal couple outfits, new shoes, socks and underwear. My son said he doesn't know what he wants (well he wants a movie that is on netflix, so I don't really see the point of buying it) and my daughter, well she doesn't really play with dolls and is too young for makeup (won't ever be old enough if I can get away with it!!). Just looking to see if there are other people that have kids to buy for that might have an idea that I haven't thought of. Thanks!!

When I buy gifts for my Godkids, I usually go on various websites(toys R Us, Macy's, Walmart, Target, Best buy, etc, etc) and look at the top "christmas gifts" within certain age groups. I think about things that they like and enjoy and buy gifts based on that. Last year I bought my Godchildren a doll house and a roller coaster from walmart--everything altogether was just a little bit over 100 bucks which wasn't bad for gifts for a 2 and 1 year old.

Thanks for the great suggestions. Each one are going to get gift cards from grandma for Gamestop, I might get them each another game. I think some creative stuff for my daughter is a great idea! I peeked at my son's wish list.....well let's just say that he thinks we are millionaires or something!!! Really though, he said he wanted to go to a Lakers game....we live in Kansas so that would involve a lot of extra stuff. Maybe I can find a desk set (calendar etc) of the Lakers for him. They are both super laid back so they are hard to shop for. Thanks everyone for the great ideas.

Hi,

I have a 7 year old daughter and she really isn´t into dolls either, but she did ask for a couple of play CSI kits LOL... I think I will actually buy them for her, I was looking for them online and they are very educational, and according to the reviews they are also very entertaining. I read reviews on everything before I buy LOL. Anyway, I´m in the food business so she seems to like cooking a lot and she asked for an easy bake oven, my 9-year-old niece has one and she loves it. I hope this helps

Since your son likes the Lakers, check out EBAY, you would be suprised at the sheer volume of stuff you can find and a lot of it is priced right.

The arts and craft kit idea I love. I always get my granddaughters things like that to keep them busy. This year I did go a little bit further and bought my 8 year old grandson and 5 year old granddaughter Nintendo DS lites with some educational games to keep their brains piqued. LOL

Archived