Ok...Maybe way too soon. But...

ny guy

Hey guys....

So, that girl that I met last week, we're going out this coming Sunday, just hanging out for a few hours before she has to go to work.

And, she's told me up front a few days ago that she has been speaking with her ex of five or so months, and that she doesn't know what she's going to do with that. I spoke to her friends, and they said she broke up with him. From what they said, it sounded like she lost interest in him, they made it sound like she broke up with him because he was boring. I asked what they think she would do. They made it seem like she's more on the 'nay' side of the fence regarding the ex.

Food for thought....when we first met, I made the 'mistake' (some would say) of mentioning I just came out of a 2.5 year relationship. So, I'm wondering if she is going to play it cool knowing that major fact.

So, I'm actually really excited about hanging out with her. Sounds corny, but my body has been excited all week at the thought of hanging out with her..I got that warm and fuzzy feeling a lot. I find her really interesting, smart, and just really cool and chill. She is also very attractive. She is the type that I normally would think is 'out of my league', but part of me was thinking, what the heck, why not?

To be perfectly honest, and this may sound really bad, but I've never really had this much of an excited feeling when I was with my ex even at the very beginning.

Are these feelings just a temporary high? They've lasted for well over a few days now.

Also, is this too soon? (it's been a few weeks since I broke up)

Have you completely gotten over your past relationship? Like you said, its only been a few weeks since your break up, and telling people that you have completely moved on and ready for another relationship isn't very convincing.

Maybe you're just lusting over her attractiveness and qualities.

I wouldn't worry about her ex and those issues. Its been 5 months for her and from your description, I can be safe to say that she doesn't have her ex in her head anymore.

If you think you're really over your past relationship and ready for a new one, then go and have fun on Sunday!

Don't know why, but I'm still really excited to hang out with her tomorrow, even though I know she is kinda playing it cool for now. Thinking of driving out near her, cuz she has to work in late afternoon....just to get coffee, keepin it simple.

I've never wanted my Saturday to go so fast lol.

Ok, so I had the first date. It went pretty good. She is just as attractive as I remember. She has a quiet streak, but then again, so do I. There were really no awkward moments, but sometimes certain topics don't go far.

Actually, I totally forgot what I said at the end of the date, but it was tough to get a real read on her. I think she was expecting the date to be a bit longer, but I didn't want to overstay my welcome and make it too long for the first date, so I said I had to go. Had a brief makeout sesh, and then as she was leaving I went back for another lil kiss, haha.

It was nice being out on a date, had those nervous butterflies going. Hopefully she lets me take her out again!

Dude I'm with ya......still raw from a massive heartbreak, comes and goes...but continuing to meet new women left and right and I'm not even wanting to right now. Out on a few dates, made a few really sweet...beautiful friends, and have 2 younger women emailing and texting me all the time - trying to get me to 'hang out with them'......

and me? Well - it's fun as hell, ego boosting like I've not felt in many years, and is helping me heal rapidly (at least I feel so sometimes). I still know though, in my heart, that I'm not really ready for a relationship yet, so I naturally act 'non-chalant' and distant....for some reason, that seems to be the hook. Except for my wife lol.

Right now it's fun, and we'll see what happens as the days go by. I'll heal more and more, and the relationship will come naturally. You're not hurting anyone by dating, just as long as you're honest with her.

It's WEIRD having dating butterflies again - ha. Never thought I would.

Enjoy yourself but be careful and mindful of your feelings...and what you're projecting to her. Don't want to hurt an innocent girl you care about...and watch out that 'clinginess' doesn't sneak up on you. Good luck to ya!

This girl is hard to read, geeze. Her texts are always so general.

I'm one that kind of expresses emotion through my texts...like...fun stuff i guess. She is usually very short texting, doesn't reply for awhile. I feel like she is just playing everythign very cool.

Do you think it could be she is just playing it safe and very cool, in light of me recently breaking up? I just feel like I haven't broken that ice with her yet.

True....spoke to her last night, I was expecting to leave a message, then I got 'hello!' lol....I said that I had a really good time with her the day before, she said she had a good time too. Had an awkward silence or two later on....I noticed that she doesn't really contribute much to facilitate conversation sometimes. I'm not much of a conversationalist, so I have a tendency to say stupid things lol....Then again, she was in her car, possibly with someone else, so maybe that's why. I know I act differently when I have an audience. Still tough to get a read on her even talking on the phone. She made it seem like she was available Friday and Thursday. I said Friday is probably no good, cuz I have a party I'm going to Friday night. Actually, two of her friends may be there (I didn't say that), and my other friend thought I should invite her. I didn't want to, b/c now I want to go to a party with no strings attached. If I see her there, that would be cool, but I don't feel the need to ask her.

So, hopefully she doesn't get too turned off that I didn't go out with her on a Friday night, again.

She said she'd see how her work schedule is for this Thursday. Lets wait and see if she calls back!

Ok, so sounds like I really had some miscommunication with this girl. I spoke to one of her friends last night, and she asked me why I didn't call her. I was like, well, I was waiting for her to see if she was free, and I didn't get a response so I kinda figured she wasn't into it. She asked if I was still interested, and of course I said yes. So, I called her today, and we're gonna try to make plans for next Friday night. Sweet! She sounds like she's a good bowler too....

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so here is an update with this girl. We had gone out this past Friday night with a group of people. It went pretty good, I don't know why but I was a bit nervous I guess. It wasn't so awkward, but I had slight trouble just being myself. I don't think it was really that noticeable, but you kinda get the idea. We went bowling and it was a pretty good time. Then afterwards we all played some video games and chilled out a bit.

Afterwards, me and her were hanging in the parking lot for awhile. It was great, we were just chilling there, making out, and talking. She asked me some detailed questions about my recent breakup. I had asked if she had any reservations since it has been relatively recently since I had been broken up, and she said she didn't.

So then, we were sitting in her car chattin and whatever. So I said to her, "you know, you're pretty hard to read". To that she said "I know" in a joking voice, but she totally knows she's a closed book.

I really had a great time, I could have kissed/hugged her all night, it really felt great. I don't know if she was getting tired or what, but I knew it was time for me to go. I was like, I guess I wore out my welcome and it was time for me to go. She laughed. So, we said good bye and had a nice hug. I said I'd talk to her soon and for her to let me know when she got home. So she texted that she got home. I wrote that I had a really good time and hope to see her again, etc. To that she wrote simply "I had funn too, have a good night!". At this point, I'm pretty sure that this is just her texting style, but it's just completely throwing me off.

So, that was our second 'date'. I just feel like she has that guard up as far as showing that she's into me. She was letting me kiss her a lot and hold her, and she was holding on to me tight too. We were in the parking lot for about an hour or so just making out and talking.

Do you think she's gonna let her guard down soon?

EDIT: Also, she is going out with a guy this coming Friday. I'm not sure who this guy is, but it's safe to say it's a date. This piece of info came about throughout the night, when my friend invited her to a party we're going to this coming Friday. I casually asked what she was up to Friday night as we were walking, and that's when she said she's seeing a friend who is coming in from overseas (if I recall correctly).

She could be playing me for all I know, but I don't think her close friend would let her do that to me, as we have all become semi-close friends lately. If so though, she's doing a good job haha

Archived