Ex just text 'I Miss You'. How do I respond?

I'm not sure if anyone asked this, but what time did she send the text? Was it a drunken text? If so, I would not have responded at all. Seen too many of these to know they mean nothing.

It was sent at 11:45 am so she would have probably been at work.

EDIT:

I just want to mention that the thought of contacting her makes me feel uneasy. It seemed fine to reply to her contact.

Im also not a subtle guy. I wont mess with text, I'll call her up and ask straight up if she wants to meet and talk.

Again, it feels like that should not be my job.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know myself, if I really wanted a girl back, I would go at it hard. Can the same be said for a woman who wants a man back or will it still be subtle?

I have absolutely no problem begging for forgiveness at the feet of a man I loved if I felt had made a big mistake and wanted him back....

With the 'i miss you' message and your 'thank you' reply....if I were her I would immedately think 'wow, he messaged me back so there is still hope for us' and try to get a dialogue going with a view to meeting up/ asking him if we could start over.

I have absolutely no problem begging for forgiveness at the feet of a man I loved if I felt had made a big mistake and wanted him back....

With the 'i miss you' message and your 'thank you' reply....if I were her I would immedately think 'wow, he messaged me back so there is still hope for us' and try to get a dialogue going with a view to meeting up/ asking him if we could start over.

I agree.

I still however think she expected me to text back something that would lead to conversation.

So these indirect contacts shes made are either a way to get me talking, or she's just not that interested in getting back.

Two of the early contacts she made, she asked 'how are you' etc and tried to get a conversation going but I just shut it down and said im good thanks, take care.

I really dont know what to do. You know, even if I called her up and arranged to meet up or whatever, I cant imagine she's changed those behaviours in 3 months so therefore I wouldnt be able to get back with her.

Well, I thought about it but I didnt contact her.

I havent heard anything more from her and I have a feeling I wont.

I understand that it might be hard for her to reach out and ask to talk or to get back together, in case she gets rejected. And of course I know this is a little rich as she rejected me.

Either way, the worst part is this has re-opened the door that was starting to close and Ive thought about her none stop since the text. She's been back in my dreams again and Ive thought about her a couple mornings when I woke up.

Whats worse is, I look around at the other women my town has to offer and it makes me feel even worse.

I dont know what to do.

Archived