I’m in love with my best friend, but we’re both girls

Guanyu4u, thanks for your reply. I hope so... But I guess that I’m just scared that I could lose even the friendship that we have.. I know I’m stupid. But I can’t talk to anyone the way I do with her..We spend even days [from the moment we’re awake until we go to sleep] talking to her on sms-es.

Yes, sometimes I like that at you, boys. When it comes about yur feelings: if it’s not black, then it’s definitely white. No brown or gray. I didn’t understand the last part of your message. The one about our parents. Could you, please, rephrase it ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Bigsmile!

I actually already posted a reply to your last message but my computer didn't seem to post it so now i have to type it all over again. oh well..

So:

I'm happy for you that you're so close to her! And it seems that she doesn't have any problem with being gay or whatsoever.

It could be that the things she said were hints that she likes you as well but you have to be careful with this though!

Sometimes girls tend to get real close to their girlfriends so it seems that they love each other while they're both actually 100% straight! Me and my bestfriend do this

quite a lot actually.. But do you have any clue if you're a lesbian yourself or bisexual? If so, why not try to tell her sometime if you trust it enough?

And it's nice that you guys might have the opportunity to see each other more or even move in together! It would be a nice chance.

And if she wants to go to the beach with you why not take her there as a surprise sometime?

To guanyu4u:

Thanks for your reply! I already told her but it's actually a very long story but everything is written in this thread. So if you feel like it please feel free to read it

And yes, my bond with my mom is very strong. I'm very lucky to have a mom like her.

I hope i at least helped a little!

xx

Oh, sooory ! Because this conversation last for so long, I thought that guanyu4u answered to the last post ! Soooory for being a pin in the ass.

MoonSong, thank you so much for your help, and for retyping all over again just to reply me. Yes, I know that we can talk to each other like we flirt and we can really care for each other without being lesbian. That’s why I wrote about that. Might I reply her something that would drive the conversation to that direction ? If yes, how would it sound like so I if she rejects the proposal I can say “Oh, just joking..” ? I thought about the going to the beach together, but it could only happen next summer..[July, next year]

Me being lesbian… well, I only have 2 ex boyfriends even if I’m almost 18 years old, and I can’t say that any of them meant something for me, not even closer to love.. Other way, I just don’t feel comfortable talking to boys. I…I just can’t find a continuation to the conversation, I found the most of them [i have 2 friends guys.] a little dumb or boring. And it happened to me to daydream about my best friend.. Maybe it’s just a stupid attraction that I feel for her…

No need to apologize at all

And i'm already happy if i can help you so i retyped the message with pleasure!

But yeah, sounds like a nice idea to see how she reacts on it! But you have to take the risk that she might suspect something then..

Which can either be a good thing or a bad thing... But you can decide yourself what you want to do

I think your bond is very strong and even if you would tell her you have feelings for her she won't let you fall, it might even turn out very well!

Too bad about the beach though.. But i'm sure you guys will do other fun things.

And well i think you might be lesbian, bisexual or like you say just have feelings for this one girl..

You'll have to figure it out yourself but the main thing is that you're happy

I'm going offline now though since it's pretty late here already

See ya! xx

Guanyu4u, thanks for your reply. I hope so... But I guess that I’m just scared that I could lose even the friendship that we have.. I know I’m stupid. But I can’t talk to anyone the way I do with her..We spend even days [from the moment we’re awake until we go to sleep] talking to her on sms-es.

Yes, sometimes I like that at you, boys. When it comes about yur feelings: if it’s not black, then it’s definitely white. No brown or gray. I didn’t understand the last part of your message. The one about our parents. Could you, please, rephrase it ?

I meant that ur mother notice immediately that u have strong feelings to ur friends and even ur grandparents.

Hi ! Sorry for not being avaiable for a while, I had some problem with my internet connection.

So.. I have some news.. Last night I had met my best friend after some weeks when we didn't, because she was gone in a holiday. She took my phone and she found there a "Truth or dare" aplication. I told her it's not the best ideea for us to play, [the truths and the dares are from the most normal ones like "prank call a friend" to some really pervert, for couple ones like "French kiss with X for 2 minutes" or "Put your hands down X's pants"] but she was curious so we started.. The dares that were proposed by that aplication become dirty and dirty by the time you continue to play, so I had changed the dares for 5 times but still, there were really messed up.. She took my phone and she said that I don't have the right to change them anymore so I have to choose one of the proposed ones. I told her that the most normal was the one which said "Kiss X on the lips and then bite her lips gently." and she said "Okey then.." "Really ? Should I kiss you ? " i asked and she told me that saying it loud sounded pretty weird, but yes... So I did it.. We continued to play and she had the dare to kiss me and we did it for like 15 minutes.. I had to go home [my puppy was tired and hungry] so we said goodbye, we kissed on the cheeck and we left as usual..

So...I really don't know... What should I do now..?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello BigSmile

I'm so happy for you that you guys did something like that! I think your friend might have some feelings for you.. but of course you never know for sure..

But maybe if you're up for it i think the best thing to do now is to be honest and to tell her that you like her. But of course this takes courage and the choice

is entirely up to you.

• 5 months later...

Hello!

Recently, a friend of mine were in a similar situation of yours, and she wanted to know more about it. We weren't very close to each other at the time, but because of a coincidence, we ended up talking a lot to each other and she openned up to me. Since I'm a boy and never had any experience with that, I said "Let's search online", and thus we found you! It was a big help to her, during the time, and I've always supported her, but things turned out bad recently and she decided to give up on this other girl. She never had any experience with girls nor any contact with that kind of thing before. Well, during this time, we became really really close, and I've come to like her more and more, to the point where I know it's more than that.

If it's not a bother, would you mind reading my story? I'm not a very open person, but after I read all that, I feel strangely confortable with you mostly.

I'll wait for your reply...

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad english

Edit: Now that I noticed, this feels really out of place tho .-.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ludlow

sorry for my late response, but i don't check up on this forum regularly so i hope you'll still read this. Anyway, i understand the difficulty of the situation you're in. I definitely don't mind reading your story! If you want to just send me a pm on here and we'll talk more on there. Also, there are lots of nice people on this forum who are willing to listen to your story and who helped me a lot with good advice as well.

I'm at least happy that i can help some people with my story, even if it's at least a little.

If you still see this message, please don't hesitate to reply!

xx Moonsong

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm not sure if you're still here, but I'd like to say that I read your thread (was googling similar threads because I'm struggling with something like this myself and it was very interesting and insightful, in some ways. You give very good advice too, so I was wondering if you could help me with what I'm going through right now I think about this friend all the time, and I feel kinda tingly whenever she touches me, but I've absolutely zero romantic experience/ exposure, so I'm not sure if this means I love her in a romantic way or just as a really close friend (?) I've started a thread about this with more details haha. It'll be great if you could give me some advice on this

• 1 month later...

Wow, I really connected well with this story. I understand that she could not let herself be approachable to you and I 100% understand your choice to distance yourself from her. But you know, friendships don't break like glass. They go deeper than what most people would like to think...

Maybe in the future when you both are older as well as more mature you can reconnect again. Not all depressed people end up depressed forever. In fact, many are just going through a change in their life.

I'm glad you're doing well with your boyfriend, but that story really broke my heart. You two should have been together, I still ship you guys xD

Also, if you don't mind is there any possible way I can get more info on this story currently? thx

hi broski1

Yes all the things you say are true. Right now i still feel connected with her even though i don't see her anymore and i often wish it was different. I hope that what you say about a possible future friendship becomes reality.

And thanks for the shipping! xD You made me laugh But if you want to you can always send me a private message on this site and we can talk further there, also then you can ask whatever you'd like.

xx Moonsong

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Moonsong!

I read what happened between you and that girl who used to be your friend because I'm going through a very similar situation right now and so far, your past situation is the one that relates the best to what's going on in my life right now.

I just discovered this site so I don't really know how does it work but it would be great if you could message me so you could give me some advice. I'd really appreciate it. Take care (:

Archived