When your significant other says "I want to take a break"

MrWallFlower

...or when they say that they want to find themselves, 90% of the time it means "I'm interested in someone else". I'm always amused when I see a post by someone whose S.O. has uttered those words and they think that they'll be able to work it out or that it's just a little rough spot in the relationship.

If you hear those words, you better start digging for the truth.

...or when they say that they want to find themselves, 90% of the time it means "I'm interested in someone else". I'm always amused when I see a post by someone whose S.O. has uttered those words and they think that they'll be able to work it out or that it's just a little rough spot in the relationship.

If you hear those words, you better start digging for the truth.

I dont think that is true most of the time. My wife and I took "A Break" in 2008 and a month after we got back together she got pregnant. And we are still together today.

From what I've seen, breaks can lead to the people getting back together but not for long. It doesn't mean there's someone else though.

I disagree. I know a lot of people that have taken breaks, only to get back together, get married and stay together.

I think that everyone is grossly generalizing things based on their own experiences and observations. We have people stating that a break is because: someone wants to date around, or someone is afraid to dump you, or you wont' stay together long if you get back together... I mean all of these are complete and utter generalizations. Yes all of these things CAN happen and DO happen. But not every break is the same, not every outcome is the same, and so on.

I think whenever you go on a break, you should treat it like a break up(obviously). And yes, you should always find out the EXACT reasons it's being done, and be cautious IF you do get back with that person after the break is said and done.

I took a break from a relationship and when I said a break I meant it, my partner at the time never saw it this way though, never gave it any thought I guess, she soon met someone else who I'm sure makes her happier than I could have done and say's all the things she needs to hear.

Archived