In a sort of preemptive strike against my being sad when/if the day comes that I find out my ex is with someone new, I have created a boyfriend in my head. The guy looks like Bradley Cooper, he knows how to do EVERYTHING, and he's got a personality that could melt the hardest heart. He's not real, but whenever I imagine what it would be like to be with a guy like that (and, one day I will!), my ex looks like a pile of horse poo in comparison Perhaps similar thoughts will only reinforce your reasons for ending things.

AWESOME! Mine is Mr Cooper too (ooo whatta face). And a plethora of other handsome men .... WITH nice hearts. Do they exist?!? .... *here's hoping*

It isn't just guys who pick up chicks right after and move on. My x-wife, of 6 years.. left me for another guy.. moved in, started a business together... I was doing well then this week, I dunno I just feel like crap. Being dumped... well... sucks!!!

I am 35 - i feel so desperate looking for someone else.

I think if we or they move on to someone new too fast, it's just a filler. It's not a real person in your head or heart - how can it be? We're all still so wrapped up in the ex (and that's true for both dumpers and dumpees, even if the dumper is ahead of us in healing and they don't admit they aren't over us completely).

If my ex ever asked me about my dating life, I would kill him with silence. I'm old enough to know that your imagination is usually worse than any reality...so let him wonder and drive himself crazy with his own worst thoughts. It's better than anything I could dream up. (wicked grin)

i feel you.

my ex not once ever posted anything on fb about us because he says its silly and stupid but now he's liking her status and posting on her wall openly flirting. i had to delete him so i won't see it.

at least at the end of the day we will grow our will power!

seriously though.. you are ONLY 20!!! So please do explore the world of single people because when i was 20 everybody was single and i wasn't. Now i'm 25 and almost everybody is attached in long term commitments and i'm single. So relish the singleness!

I know exactly how you feel, all my friends are in either long term relationships, getting married or having kids. Where I am sliding backwards, ex broke it off with me after 7 years, and even though I know there are plenty of single gals out there, its just hard not to think about the ex!

I am so frustrated! and depressed! UGH

I think if we or they move on to someone new too fast, it's just a filler. It's not a real person in your head or heart - how can it be? We're all still so wrapped up in the ex (and that's true for both dumpers and dumpees, even if the dumper is ahead of us in healing and they don't admit they aren't over us completely).

I agree with this to some extent. I had gotten with someone 3 months after a break-up that was forced by our parents. So there was no dumper/dumpee. And even though I genuinly liked my new boyfriend, I still thought about my ex like crazy and used Myspace as a weapon to show that I had moved on and was completely happy without him. Wasn't true of course. This was in my freshman year of college ha.

Then my most recent ex - the one I'm trying to get over right now - believe it or not, was a rebound at first. I just sort of fell in love along the way.

LOL, I don't know what's wrong with me. I've just never been in any hurry to jump back into a relationship after I get out of one. I love to be alone - in a normal life, not my life at the moment (wry grin).

I think my shortest time between was 6 months (but it took forever for me to break up with the first guy, with his stalking and all that). My longest time was 9 years (though I had a FWB).

Archived