Did I scare him off?

Long story short...my ex broke up with me 2 months ago...

We saw eachother for the first time in 2 months on Sunday at a graduation party. We got a long great...he seemed very happy to see me again.

Yesterday I email him regarding a business issue (that I told him I would email him on), the thing finally went through, so I let him know, and I thanked him. I was very proffessional..nothing flirty.

He wrote back happy about the business deal, and he also said that he hoped that this was not the only time that I would be contacting him..He was happy that we were now talking again, and that he wanted me to know that I could talk to him when I wanted...about other things besides work and whatnot.

Well I wrote back (and in an effort to thank him for the money he just got me on the business deal), I told him I was very grateful for all that he had done for me, and that if he wanted, I would like to take him out to lunch, and for a game of pool (we used to always play pool) in order to thank him...

It was a casual and friendly email... what do you think?

What that too strong? Do you think that will scare him off? Guys what would you think? Even if you knew that you loved this girl very much, but you just wanted to make the right decision... if your ex asked you to lunch, would you be frightened off?

Well, as a guy I can tell you that I think you've done everything just fine. There's some kind of interest there--what kind you'd know better than me just from having been around him.

But it sounds to me like you just need to wait now for him to email you back about whether he'd want to go to pool, or just lunch.