Anyone not heard from an ex at all, after a breakup?

Anthony1081

Call it a hunch, but its been 3 weeks now since my breakup (in which she dumped me after 2 years saying NC was the best way) and I dont think she will contact me ever again. In a way, I want her to (just so I can see she is thinking about me or whatever) but just want to see if anyone has never, ever heard from their ex again. Maybe its easier that way.

Most of the time, it depends on the reason of the break up. I broke up with my lived-in girlfriend back then because we just don't get along anymore and we kept on fighting,so I didn't contact her for a few weeks so I could clear my head off. I contacted her again after a month or so coz I need to get my things out of the apartment.

A lot also depends on how you things ended between the two of you.If it ended badly, then most likely she's doing NC for good.

Hi Anthony,

I feel the same as you although i try not to think of the reasons why an ex can just shut the door on the dumpee anymore. Its been nearly 4 months since my bf of nearly 5 yrs left me. He also said we needed nc to heal and for the dust to settle. The reason we broke up was that he felt he needed space and felt that at 24 we were young to settle down. i am working in a great job where he, after completing his masters at university has not been so successful yet in finding hsi ideal job. I think however it also depends on the type of person. I never thought either me or my bf would have the strength to leave each other because we loved each other so much and he adored me. in fact he even said that he loves me so much and just needed to find himself during the break up.

So how can he just close the door on 5 yrs? I havent heard from him at all although he does sometimes replies to my msgs but you can tell he is only doing so out of politeness. I guess he still needs space.

My ex is a very closeed person, when he has trouble he bottles it up. Ive realised now the way he acts is a reflection of this. It could be the same with your ex, this is the only way she knows how to deal with the situation and has no answers. Sometimes if eel like if they dont reply it means they dont care but i force myself to just not think of it. He could be doing this becuase he does care. if he was to reply he would think his putting me int he friendzone and its nto what he wants, or he could just not care. its a flipped coin. All i can advise is just not to think about it becuase you have no idea how they are feeling. She could be crying her eyes out, sorry and feeling guilty she has had to do this to you.

I broke up with my bf 2 weeks ago and neithr one of us has contact the other person. I can tell you that as a dumper I have been crying for 2 weeks. Just b/c someone doesn't break up with someone doesn't mean they don't care anymore. I love him sooooooo much but I saw that we wouldn't work so I had to end it before we started hating each other.

You never know the time frame. But you have to ask yourself why does it matter? Ideally once someone severs ties the idea is to move forward because time can only be wasted waiting. I've often found that people often do come back into our lives but you can never tell.

Archived