Neglectful parents/upbringing, ....Vent Thread...

UserLain

This was something I was going to write in the off-topic vent thread. But that's just a list of vents and no conversation ever really evolves from it. I can't be the only one who feels this way in the world and I cant be the only one would like to share my feelings. So this thread is just for venting/sharing about things. If anyone relates or would like to chime in about -their- situation/story/vent, feel free. If anyone would like to respond to my thoughts or share how they relate to them, feel free.

There doesn't seem to be a thread like this anywhere on the forum. Yet we all have parents, and alot of us must have something to say because apparently this is a place that wounded people come. We all know where the primary wounds start. Yet there doesn't seem to be a thread or topic where people can relate to each other on it. Now there is.

Here was my vent.

Someone decided to drill and hammer in the room next to me at 9 in the morning. Clearly it couldn't wait. God forbid anyone cared enough to be considerate. Especially when i have a huge job to do today. Stuff like this is an everyday occurrence tho anyway, I live with a bunch of . What's worse is these are the people who are supposed to be kind and care about me. These people are my own family. It's so F'ing ridiculous that experiencing the kindness of other human beings is such a rare occurrence for me. And they wonder why im the way I am. You ignorant, self-absorbed F's. One day you'll all be treated like a person who doesnt care about someone should be treated.......you'll be nobody, insignificant. and i won't pretend for you anymore. I won't enable the illusions you use to protect yourself from the responsibilities you've denied. And I know when that time comes -I'll- be the A-hole as usual. Because your not interested in seeing your own faults, it's easier to call me an than to face what you've done and what you do, and how you've brought it upon yourself. But hopefully by then I won't care. I'll find it funny, instead of hurtful like I always have. I'll be standing in the light, and you'll be at the mouth of the cave trying to call me back in.

Sorry, someday it'll be goodbye.

btw, please dont anyone accuse me of trying to make a hate your parents thread, thats not what this is about. Anyone can feel whatever they want. This is a place simply for people to be able to talk about and share with each whatever issues they have with their parents.

What's wrong with an "I hate my parents" thread? For those of us who've had bad parents, surely that's a much more natural and healthy reaction to have rather than just covering it up and pretending things are ok.

I'm pushing 40 and don't even live in the same country as my parents (I can't recommend that enough!!) and I still have days where some unwelcome memory makes me feel furious at my family.

Try to get out of there!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't let the electric bill issue completely discourage your goal of moving out. It is a fairly simple matter to find an apt. in a personal residence that has utilities and often cable/internet included. Many of these apts in personal residences are very private with a separate entrance and a wonderful place to live In this case none of the utilities would be in your name, you simply pay one lump sum to your landlord, as long as you're careful in choosing such a residence it can be an ideal situation.

I speak from extensive experience, the only bills i pay are my rent and my cell phone and I have all the amenities necessary for a comfortable life. It took me two months of assiduous searching but definitely possible. Its much cheaper than almost all garden apts where you're responsible for utilities and cable/internet. I've been on my own since I was 20, its possible and you can do it if thats whats best for you, but definitely think it through first, its hard to go back.

What's wrong with an "I hate my parents" thread? For those of us who've had bad parents, surely that's a much more natural and healthy reaction to have rather than just covering it up and pretending things are ok.

I'm pushing 40 and don't even live in the same country as my parents (I can't recommend that enough!!) and I still have days where some unwelcome memory makes me feel furious at my family.

Try to get out of there!

I agree. There is comfort in sharing these things, in knowing that our parents aren't the only bad ones out there....

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, i think i just put that disclaimer because I'm used to backlash, like the kind of "parents are saints" reaction. The idea that anything they do or don't do is ok because of "all they've sacrificed". I'm just used to that kind of barrage in my family, so I guess i expect it from other parents too if they heard this.

Archived