No matter what... You're Awesome

I started this group on Facebook... but thought, us ENA'ers could use it more. Post something in here when you are feeling down... something that you KNOW is Awesome about yourself.

Me? Well... my hair is pretty awesome.

One thing I do know is awesome about me? In time, I will forget, I will forgive... and I WILL MOVE ON.

I'm awesome because I make pretty babies. (all by myself...lol)

Well unless you are a Komodo Dragon you still need another set of DNA to complete the set... So you can't take all the credit there... but in raising a healthy, happy beautiful baby... you bet... its all you!!!!

I'm awesome because I am reading a book about boundaries in relationships and last night I had another heart-to-heart talk with my boyfriend about his lack of integrity/responsibility and about my own issues. I told him we need to talk about our values. He was hurt and contemplative, then later thanked me for telling him the truth.

He told me that he honestly was ignorant of just how irresponsible he is, and that no one ever really pointed it out to him the way I have. He said I gave him food for thought and that he wasn't sure how to make the changes but that he wants to because he doesn't like that person that I described, even though he knows it's true.

He said that he didn't think he was being dishonest, he's just scared of growing up. I felt like a large weight was lifted off my shoulders. We talked before and he did make a few changes, but not significantly. This time, I felt like he understood it more deeply. He told me he wants to talk today about specific goals we can make for overcoming poor behavior. I told him I'm willing to discuss it, since I have nothing to lose anyway!

So I feel awesome for keeping my cool, being honest, and not demanding anything from him. He asked me what I wanted/expected and I told him that I want specific plans for making these changes or we will just have to be friends, nothing more. He chose the changes. So if they pan out, fine. If not, at least I was honest and I am not leading him on.

If only my ex would have told me point blank what I was doing before it got out of hand instead of pulling away. We live, we learn though. Good job on doing the right thing and caring. We men aren't mind readers and are HORRIBLE at just "sensing" when something is wrong in the relationship. Sometimes, we need a swift kick in the arse.

Oh... this is tough, I don't really like bragging hmm...

I'd have to say my personality/temperament is awesome.

I am irrevocably happy, and I love life. I am good at communicating what I want and how I feel.

I am also a very calm person, the last time I got angry I had a gun pointed at me haha

I have an awesome smile

I have an awesome son

I have an awesome ability to listen and be there for anyone at any time.

I am awesome at cuddling

I am awesome at cooking

I am awesome at making people laugh

I am awesome at school and work

I am loyal, I care, I am loving and sweet, I would do anything for anyone that is willing to do anything for me.

.. too bad my ex couldn't see it.. HIS loss..

Yay Coyne! Haha I actually started pretty much the same thread earlier this month:

IF we could only forge the two threads

So again... I'm awesome because I'm a people-person yet also an independent, introvert. Weird contradiction but I get along with most people I meet, have diverse friends. But love spending time on my own and going on solo adventures. I'm also "one of the guys" so I'm not a high fashion, uptight fashionista girl. I like it that way! I'm also awesome because I have such high loyalty towards my friends and family. I have a soft spot for animals and consider myself a very warm person in general. And I'm awesome because I like to keep it simple - clothes-wise, looks-wise, mind-wise (although doesn't always work that way...I can be a bit complex but at least I'm not an airhead!) Yeah I have some insecurities etc here and there, but on the whole, you know what? I think I'm a great catch, and it's too bad my ex doesn't see that!

Archived