Hi every one...I wont go into deal about my breakup (she broke up with me) but its been a little over a month now that we are apart. We have seen each other off and on, nothing serious. At first i would call all the time, but after finding this site i dont really want to talk to her at all. I am trying the no contact rule to the best of my ability.

Anyways, my birthday was last week, and i was expecting her to call to atleast wish me a happy birthday. Well, when she got home around 10pm she instant messages me and starts some small talk, not even mentioning anything about my birthday, kind of just saying off the wall things. Well I tell her I have to go and leave in my away message that its my birthday and I am out celebrating etc.

She calls me an hour later and leaves a message wishing me a happy birthday and sorry that she didnt say it earlier. Her excuse was that she just started her new job and has been really busy, and that she was really sorry. She called me about 4 times that night. The next day...the day after my birthday, she puts it up "Happy Birthday Nick" in her away message. Well, she calls at this point and I act like everything is fine, which it wasnt and she should have known that. I told her to make it up to me she can drive me to the airport for a 5 AM flight I had to catch to Florida, and she said she would do it. (this isnt something she would at all like to do....she never gets up early)

Well, i stayed the night at her place (to make sure she would take me)and she went out with her friends while i stayed there, keep in mind she didnt even offer to hang out with me even though she missed my birthday. well i ended up passing out in her bed, and she came home and made no big deal about it. I was expecting her to tell me to go sleep in the living room. Anyways, my point is do you really think she forgot my birthday?? I could tell she was sorry but I just dont understand how she could forget it! Second question is between her letting me sleep in her bed and also not letting go of the hug I gave her at the airport, what kind of signals is she sending me.....I dont know everyone I am just confused....sorry for the long rant.

I believe she honestly forgot your Bday. She even said it, and apolagized for it. I dont think she's sending you any signals. Seems like you're trying to make things out to be signals in your own mind. I think you're over analysing things.

BTW did she sleep in the bed with you that night? And if so was she cuddled up next to you?

Hi there,

I don't really think she did anything wrong. She broke up and probably wanted to keep some distance and you going over to her place sounded like a last minute arrangement and she probably already had other plans.

As for forgetting your birthday, she quite likely remembers it but it could have slipped her mind with being busy in her new job as she said. I don't think she deliberately ''forgot'' it, as she did call you a few times, left you a couple of messages wishing you, and drove you to the airport to try and make it up to you.

Letting you sleep in her bed... she probably did not want to disturb you as you were already passed out.

As for hugging at the airport, she probably just cares for you but it need not mean that she wants to get back with you, if that's what you're looking for.

Happy Belated Birthday

XXatti: yes she did sleep in the same bed, but no she didnt cuddle. But she was never a big fan of doing that anyways.

amaranth_04: You are right, she probably did forget it, its just hard for me to accept that as an answer. You know what I mean right? And I know she doesnt want to get back with me right now, but its ok because every day that goes by the less I want to get back with her. The negative's she has definitely outweight the positives.

Thanks for the feedback!!! Anyone else have anything to share about this?

Bro, seriously I broke up with my ex 3 days before her birthday and I didnt even go back via phone or IM to say happy birthday. I felt it is in her best wishes to return to her ex ( which she did) and get it out of her system once and for all so that this guy could do what he does best and just sleep with her and leave her and play more and more mnd games and maybe just maybe she could really realize what a HUGE loser that guy is and change not for me but for herself. I dont care if she cried because I wasnt "there" for her on her birthday. I dont care if she said," If he really loved me he'd be here"...I dont care I spent her birthday returning her gifts as did my family and canceling the reservations to dinner. It hurt that we couldnt have had a good time on such a good day but I cant say that it wasnt in the best interest for her as well....If I didnt leave it would never change and we'd be stuck in a rut with her wondering what if she returned to her ex...and that wasnt fair to me