Ok

so my ex and I broke up 6 months ago and I'm

well on my way to being ok and I know that our relationship ending was the right thing for me BUT I just found out that he is moving indefinetly to the other side of the world and has bought a one way ticket. I didn't think we'd get back together but I guess this just seals the deal. I feel really weird about this, I feel sad, scared, disapointed, happy and numb at the same time. I'm confused.

What do I do?

Is this a good thing?

Am I a loser because I'm staying in Australia to finish my degree and not moving to Europe?

Why do I feel so inadequet?

Halp

I would take this as a good thing. He'll be out of your life and you will never have that random run in. All you need to do is just live your life. You don't need him to keep doing that. There is definitely nothing wrong with finishing your degree. I think that makes you a winner. I was the dumpee and although there are numerous other reasons, when I'm done with my degree, I'm moving halfway accross the country(US) so I can be rid of reminders all the time. You feel weak because we all have hope that they'll realize their mistake but this removes that. But the truth is, you will find someone better and one day realize that if you had gotten back into it, you would've been settling.

You're going to be just fine. Stay strong and realize that the coin will turn up heads for you.

NVG

I agree, this is a good thing and could be the last part of your healing process that allows you to finally move on.

I dont know why you would think that moving to Europe would make you any better a person. You are finishing your degree - thats massive. I live in Europe and seriously, it's not that great.. I would love to move to Australia...

Psi...

Thanks guys.

This has really helped me ensure I don't want turn this into a negative thing that I can use as an excuse for feeling more pain, I think that its addictive!

I am going to Europe for 6 weeks in june and the New York for another 3 weeks after that so I am not stuck here... even though it some times feels like it!

You guys can come and sleep on my couch any time you are down here!

Archived