For anyone who is questioning a Swine Flu vaccine...get it!!!!

You do not want the Swine Flu. I have had it since last Monday and I swear there were times, in and out of dimentia, where I wished for death. I would have called 911, if I could have moved to get to a phone. And yes, it was that freakin bad. I have never, in my life, been that sick.

I am so glad that I decided to get my 12 month old son vaccinated because this stuff could have easily KILLED HIM! I was stupidly listening to people with the "oh getting the swine flu is easier than reaction to the shot" mentality, and that could have potentially killed my son.

I thank my son's pediatrtician for answering all of my questions and telling me that his small kids, his wife, him and his whole staff and their kids got it. That convinced me to get it for my son. I was going to get the shot through work, but they could not get it, so I didnt get it and my god, did I suffer.

Get the vaccine. Protect you and your kids. I am still sick from this crap. Luckily, I am back at work today, but I am still have nausea, diarhea (sp?) and my whole esophagus and GI tract is burned and screwed up.

My husband, me and our daughter all had it at the same time in October. It was hell. 4 days of my daughter running a temp of 104.

All of us were miserable.

There's a lot of people around here (where I live) who were so worried about the vaccine. I tell them to enjoy themselves...

We all got it (husband and son who is the same age as your son) back in October-December as soon as it was available. None of us had any reactions to the shots.

My son's doc didnt have it available until early Dec, so we got it for him. And I was supposed to get it, but didnt due to availbility.

God, I never want to go through this again.

I had a hard time imaging how a simple "flu" could kill people. Now I know. I lost every ounce of water in my body in about 5 hours. My mouth was pasted together and my lips are cracked and bleeding from the dehydration. My temp was 105. I was delierious. In huge amounts of pain from extreme body aches. I literally couldnt move at one point.

My husband, me and our daughter all had it at the same time in October. It was hell. 4 days of my daughter running a temp of 104.

All of us were miserable.

There's a lot of people around here (where I live) who were so worried about the vaccine. I tell them to enjoy themselves...

I cannot imagine my child having it, let alone the whole family with it. I couldnt think clearly. Thankfully my son was able to stay with his dad while I got through it.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you had it so badly Catdancer. My sister had it but nowhere near that bad. Same with some friends of mine.

I'm wary of the vaccine because it's barely been tested and I have some suspicion regarding the industry behind vaccinations. HOWEVER I'm 21 and no dependents--I definitely would not risk putting my family in danger if I had kids. SO glad you got your son vaccinated. I understand now why the vaccination is important.

I've had both the flu and the jab. The flu was awful, and I was feeling weak for a long time after.. but the vaccine made me also feel sick, and everyone I've spoken to who has had the jab also says they felt really ill. It all depends about what the cost to your life is if you get sick.

I'm deathly afraid of needles and shots so I didn't want to get the vaccination... but then my doctor had a nasal-spray type one... so I got that.

If you hate needles, go for that one!

I'm so sorry you've been so ill cat!

Archived