The Day You Stick It To Your Ex! Just A Thought...

Here's a good example of why it's almost never worthwhile to try and get closure from the person who has dumped you. The reasons they give are rarely the actual reasons, it's just something off the top of their head, either designed to get you off their back with the "why" questions, or they really have no idea and they just throw some stuff out there that sounds good. She didn't leave you for this guy because he has 'cool shoes' and because of a childhood cartoon they both watched.

Well, that word is thrown around way too often. It meant nothing to her when she said it, at least in the latter part of the relationship.

When you do find someone else, if she finds out about it, do you think she'll give it more than just a passing thought at the very most?

Bedrocks, are you reading this stuff out of a manual? Again you are generalising from your own experience. There is no black and white. You don't know DazB, nor do you know his ex and how she felt at the end of there relationship.

Here's a good example of why it's almost never worthwhile to try and get closure from the person who has dumped you. The reasons they give are rarely the actual reasons, it's just something off the top of their head, either designed to get you off their back with the "why" questions, or they really have no idea and they just throw some stuff out there that sounds good. She didn't leave you for this guy because he has 'cool shoes' and because of a childhood cartoon they both watched.

I agree. I have thought about trying to find out what was wrong with our relationship (because she never really got to the nitty gritty) but it's almost bound to be something very hurtful and I don't need to hear it. All I need to know is that it is over.

Well, that word is thrown around way too often. It meant nothing to her when she said it, at least in the latter part of the relationship.

I am not so sure here. I still believe she had strong feelings for me - you can call it love or whatever. I will just say that it is more of a gut instinct and trying to explain why I believe she had feelings for me towards the end would take me a lot of words.

When you do find someone else, if she finds out about it, do you think she'll give it more than just a passing thought at the very most?

I could not tell you. Probably not. But I don't really care how she would react. She is none of my business anymore. I would be smilling for me. For getting through this and learning to love again.

I feel you Daz. Almost the samt story as mine, except it was my house and she had to leave. Thankfully it was 6 months before I married her, so she would have got the house too!!!

Gee man. It really sucks.

Gratz on keeping the house though

It's comforting (In a realllly evil way to know you've been through a similar set of circumstances post break up. It's easy to forget sometimes how common break ups are and how much impact they have had on others lives.

I met up with my uncle today and he told me about when his ex left him out of the blue. He had no home, no job and 3 kids. He said he didn't even have the chance to go for a walk to clear his head because he had to look after the little ones. He ended up getting a lot of help from his parents.

Gee man. It really sucks.

Gratz on keeping the house though

It's comforting (In a realllly evil way to know you've been through a similar set of circumstances post break up. It's easy to forget sometimes how common break ups are and how much impact they have had on others lives.

I met up with my uncle today and he told me about when his ex left him out of the blue. He had no home, no job and 3 kids. He said he didn't even have the chance to go for a walk to clear his head because he had to look after the little ones. He ended up getting a lot of help from his parents.

There are no set rules to love unfortunately except one; when you get hurt by it, it can be the most cruel and horrible of experiences. But we keep going back for more! I often wonder why!!!

Archived