Married life to an FBI agent

Do any of you members here at enotalone have any spouses, friends or family members that are part of the FBI? If you do, I wanted to know how life is like being married to an special agent? Are they happy? Are they married with kids?Or are they always absent for long periods of time?

See if there's any books online.

My co-worker is married to a police officer and she passed along a book to me [my guy is going in for a police officer..] called I Love a Cop, and its a book about what to expect in terms of a life with someone in such a job.

There may be something out there similar to this, but for an FBI agent.

It'll depend on the job and the position from what I hear. I knew a friend who's friend's husband is with the FBI but he came home everyday like any other job. I don't know much about them so I can't tell you what their life was like.

My dad knew a guy who was in CIA...he may have been married but he doesn't act like an ordinary citizen like his friends that were in Special Forces.

Do any of you members here at enotalone have any spouses, friends or family members that are part of the FBI? If you do, I wanted to know how life is like being married to an special agent? Are they happy? Are they married with kids?Or are they always absent for long periods of time?

I don't really know about the FBI. I imagine though that it is similar to other law enforcement work where the main thing is that there is a need for 24 hour cover. I don't know about the US but in the UK police officers, front line border protection and so on usually work shifts which could include nights, weekends and bank holidays and is usually done in five separate eight hour shifts in a week. So I would say expect changing hours, some night, evening and bank holiday work.

The closest thing to the FBI in the UK is probably SOCA (Serious Organised Crime Agency) who deal with the most serious organised crimes that are UK wide. I believe that the work done there is shift work rather like the police and there are people who are married and married with children just like any other job with occasional unsocial hours.

I plan on joining the FBI as a Criminologist, as far as I know, you arn't traveling non-stop.

But thats as a criminologist, not sure about an agent.

But seriously, it's not like on T.V. where you travel non-stop. It's more paperwork than anything.

Archived