Should I try to get him back?

bellaflor77

I was dating a guy two years ago. We were together for one year. One day unexpectedly I received a job offer to work abroad for one year. The opportunity was so good that I took it. My boyfriend wanted me to stay, but did not tell me. He said before I left that I must come back. I told him that I would come back.

We did not keep in contact while I was abroad due to some misunderstandings. The day that i was departing, he was in meetings at work, so we could not say goodbye and arrange to keep in contact. It took me longer than expected to come back to my country, because I still had work to do. It took me one year and a half to go back. When I came my ex-boyfriend was angry and ignoring me. He looked at me as if I was invisible, but he still said hello, and asked for my number. However, he did not call me. He called me later on when I talked to one of his friends, but our conversation was only job related. Last time I saw him he was in a better mood, he flirted with me, but I still can´t get him to call me, and every time I try to see him I feel like a fool, but I still love him. That is why I still try to see him.

He is 47, and I am 32. He is divorced long time ago. I don´t know if he is dating someone else. He is very good looking. When we were dating he would call me every day, sometimes twice a day. So based on what I said, do you think I still have a chance with him, or is this a lost cause? What should I do?

There is a lot of missing information here. Why did there have to be official arrangements to keep in touch. You moved, you knew his contact information, why didn't you keep in touch with him while you were abroad? Did you attempt to make contact at any point while you were abroad...telephone, email, letters etc? If not then I can understand why he is very wary of getting involved with you again. One year abroad should not spell the end of a relationship if both people are committed to making it work and communicate. What exactly happened that made it impossible to communicate while you were abroad?

There is a lot of missing information here. Why did there have to be official arrangements to keep in touch. You moved, you knew his contact information, why didn't you keep in touch with him while you were abroad? Did you attempt to make contact at any point while you were abroad...telephone, email, letters etc? If not then I can understand why he is very wary of getting involved with you again. One year abroad should not spell the end of a relationship if both people are committed to making it work and communicate. What exactly happened that made it impossible to communicate while you were abroad?

Actually, I did not write all the details because my posting will be so long. I did not have his contact information because he has a job where he has many secretaries and one of them was supposed to give me his e-mail, but she didn´t. So these people around him sabbotaged my efforts to get in touch. It was the same when I came back, his secretaries pretended that they never knew me. When we were together he would call me every day, so I did not need his contact information. However, now that you mentioned it, he must be thinking that I on purpose did not contact him. If I want to contact him now, for example, I can only see him at conferences or public places like that, I still don´t have his phone number.

[...] If I want to contact him now, for example, I can only see him at conferences or public places like that, I still don´t have his phone number.

The two of you were that intimate and he never gave you his private phone number? How about an address?

Doesn't sound good. You may be better off without this one.

The two of you were that intimate and he never gave you his private phone number? How about an address?

Doesn't sound good. You may be better off without this one.

I am also confused. If you were dating him for a year why didn't you have his phone number and email. Was this guy married?

I am also confused. If you were dating him for a year why didn't you have his phone number and email. Was this guy married?

He was not married, he is a public figure and has body guards, that may be one of the reasons why we would contact me through his secretaries.

At this point, though, I now he is not married, but I don´t know what is his dating situation.

He was not married, he is a public figure and has body guards, that may be one of the reasons why we would contact me through his secretaries.

At this point, though, I now he is not married, but I don´t know what is his dating situation.

If you were dating and he was only contacting you through secretaries that means he was treating you like a business acquaintance not a girlfriend. I think it is best to leave this guy alone...sounds like he doesn't know how to differentiate between work and personal life. What kind of person conducts their dating life through their secretaries..this guy is full of himself....looks like the fact that he is a public figure went to his head.

Archived