When you start eating healthy and consume junk one time, does it do a number on you?

I have been trying to eat healthy for about the past month. Once a week, i will take my son to dunkin donuts and I will order a muffin. I got the double chocolate muffin. Whenever i eat something that is crappy whether it be sweets or something fried or even with too much oil, my stomach gives me problems. Does anyone else experience this? I guess it doesnt help that the fun time of the month is about to start! uggggg

Well they are "BAD" foods... I have never heard of this or experienced anything like this cause I'm actually doing something similar (i do exercise regularly though).

Although you are claiming that it is healthy... what is healthy to you?

Yes, greasy food does a number on me too, especially if I've been eating very well and keeping a low-fat diet. It's your digestive track's way of saying "what WAS that?" and "WHAT are you feeding me?". I don't know if you had coffee with your muffin, but I'm sure that would make your bowels unhappy!

I try to treat myself with things that are yummy but not too too greasy. Generally going a little more upscale generally helps: so a croissant from my local French bakery is completely sinful and yummy and full of butter, but it doesn't make me feel bad the way a greasy McMuffin or ginormous doughnut does.

And yes, I have having an upset tummy around that time of the month! Try to eat foods that are calming until you feel better: clear soup, herbal tea, toast, a banana.

I know what you're talking about. When I went through basic training all they fed us was heart healthy high fiber low fat foods so when I left it tore me up to eat normal food again. Usually healthy diets are really high in fiber and when you eat a high fiber diet your body adjusts by powering up your digestive system to handle all the difficult to digest foods. So when you introduce greasy nasty food to your beefed up digestive system it just ends badly.

lol the thing is that I know I can't live without eating a cheesburger or a slice of cake once in a while(especially since I live in a neighborhood where there's a fast food place just about every where) so yeah I do cheat once or twice a week. But I try to eat a lot of veggies with it(if I can).

My guy is on a body building diet, and its pretty clean, and he's allowed one cheat day to consume whatever and however much he wants..but by the end of that day, he feels like total garbage. Even during the rest of the week, if he has a slip up and indugles, he really feels it.

My guy is on a body building diet, and its pretty clean, and he's allowed one cheat day to consume whatever and however much he wants..but by the end of that day, he feels like total garbage. Even during the rest of the week, if he has a slip up and indugles, he really feels it.

I can totally see how now

lol the thing is that I know I can't live without eating a cheesburger or a slice of cake once in a while(especially since I live in a neighborhood where there's a fast food place just about every where) so yeah I do cheat once or twice a week. But I try to eat a lot of veggies with it(if I can).

I dont really need to eat a cheeseburger that much. Maybe once a month. When i do, i try to go to a good place and get the sliders with a salad bar and substitute vegetables for fries. Mcdonalds just makes me feel really bad, but if i go somewhere else I dont feel as sick.

Archived