Need advice from the guys here....

Bunny_

When a guy in a long term relationship stops showing interest in the relationship anymore, what is the best way to handle it? Would it be better to talk to him about it, and tell him that I feel that he isn't interested anymore? Or would it be better to just play hard to get- act distant and uninterested right back?

As guys, what do you think?

would it be better to just play hard to get- act distant and uninterested right back?

No! Playing games is never a good idea.

Commuicate. Express your concerns and see what he says. If he doesn't want to communicate he might not be serious about you or the relationship.

Stop showing interest as in not showing you with gifts like he used to or stops doing nice things for you or paying less attention to you?

When I say he seems to have 'lost interest' I mean that he almost never wants sex anymore, doesn't really seem to want to spend time together, no hugs, kisses, or other types of affection anymore, etc. He still talks to me and stuff, but he treats me more like I'm a friend now and less like he is romantically interested.

When I say he seems to have 'lost interest' I mean that he almost never wants sex anymore, doesn't really seem to want to spend time together, no hugs, kisses, or other types of affection anymore, etc. He still talks to me and stuff, but he treats me more like I'm a friend now and less like he is romantically interested.

Welcome to "long-term parking"

Long term relationships will go through phases like this; it doesn't necessarily mean that he's lost interest. Let him know that you're feeling a bit bereft at the moment - and then let go the outcome. Whatever you do, don't keep on his case or that will drive him away.

Meantime, concentrate on your own life and developing yourself and your interests - that will make you more fulfilled and interesting, and quite possibly more interesting to him as well.

When I say he seems to have 'lost interest' I mean that he almost never wants sex anymore, doesn't really seem to want to spend time together, no hugs, kisses

It's best to talk to him about it. There is always the chance that he's getting sex and affection elsewhere. Do you suspect anything like that?

When a guy in a long term relationship stops showing interest in the relationship anymore, what is the best way to handle it? Would it be better to talk to him about it, and tell him that I feel that he isn't interested anymore? Or would it be better to just play hard to get- act distant and uninterested right back?

Honest communication is the way to go. Playing hard to get tactics rarely works and if they do the will be a quick fix to a problem that will certainly return as it hasn't been addressed merely manipulated.

Okay... In that case, any advice on confronting him on this? I just can't think of a way to bring this up without either hurting his feelings (about the lack of sex) or coming off as insecure....

(bear with me, ive always been bad at this sort of thing)

Archived