Slimming World...Does it work?

Hi all.

Long time no post! Hope everyone out there is doing good

Anyhoo...last year I put on over 2 stone and I've come to the decision that I really need to get back down to my 8 stone! So...I joined Slimming World yesterday (well...Body Optimise..the online one as I can't get to the meetings as I'm at work when they are on!)

I'm a bit unsure and extremely confused over the whole thing and I would like some advice to see if what I'm eating is right. I'm sticking to Green days, as I'm not a huge fan of meat. So Slimming World guys and girls out there...how does this diet plan look for this week and next (starting yesterday until SUnday 14 March).

Tuesday

Breakfast: Porridge

Lunch: Watermelon, Chicken Sushi (included in my syns) and baked crisps (included in my syns).

Dinner: Wholewheat Pasta with Tomatoes, Celery, Green Peppers, Garlic and Chilli

Wednesday

Breakfast: Scrambled Egg on 2 Pieces of Wholewheat Toast

Lunch: Pasta Salad (Tomatoes, Sweetcorn, Cucumber, Celery, Green Peppers, Onions)

Dinner: Spag Bol with Quorn Mince, Spaghetti Pasta, Tomatoes, Celery, Green Peppers, Onions, Garlic and Chilli

Syns: 2 Finger Kit Kat (5.5 syns) and a Weight Watchers Double Chocolate Brownie Dessert (8 syns)

Thursday

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix with Skimmed Milk

Lunch: Cheese Toastie with Salad (tomatoes, cucumber, celery and sweetcorn)

Dinner: Eating Out so either an Italians: Minestrone Soup (6.5 syns) and Veg Lasange (7 syns) or Chinese: Hot & Spicy Soup and Chicken Chow Mein (less than 15 syns all together). Or Indians: 1 poppadom and Veg Jalfrezi (less than 15 syns) or Wetherspoons 5 Bean Chilli which is 4.5 syns.

Friday

Breakfast: Muesli with Natural Yogurt

Lunch: Couscous Salad (Onions, Cucumber and Tomatoes with Lemon flavoured Couscous)

Dinner: Egg Noodles with Onions, Chilli, Garlic, Water Chestnuts and Soy Sauce

Saturday

Breakfast: Spaghetti Hoops on 2 Pieces of Wholewheat Toast

Lunch: Jacket Potato with Beans and Homemade Coleslaw

Dinner: 3 Quorn Sausages with Spicy Slimming World Potato Wedges, 2 Grilled Tomatoes and Baked Beans

Sunday

Lunch: Quorn Chicken, Carrots, Green Beans, Broccoli, Leek and 4 Small Boiled Potatoes

Dinner: Tomato and Herb Pasta 'n' Sauce

Monday

Breakfast: 2 Weetbix and Skimmed Milk

Lunch: Salad with Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Celery, 1 Hard Boiled Egg and Small Piece of Cheese

Dinner: Moroccan Stew with Butter Beans, Green Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes, Carrots, Chilli cooked in Bovil Stock and Couscous

Tuesday

Breakfast: Scrambled Egg, Beans and 2 Grilled Tomatoes

Lunch: Cheese Toastie with Salad (Cucumber, Celery, Tomatoes and Sweetcorn)

Dinner: Two Fry Light Fried Eggs and Slimming World Chips

Wednesday

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix with Skimmed Milk

Lunch: Pasta Quiche (which is shown on the Slimming World Website: includes 3 eggs, low fat natural cottage cheese, tomato and herb pasta 'n' sauce, peppers and sweetcorn)

Dinner: Carrot & Coriander Soup and Jacket Potato with Beans

Thursday

Breakfast: 2 Quorn Sausages, Scrambled Egg, 2 Grilled Tomatoes and 1 Pieces of Wholewheat Toast

Lunch: Pasta Salad with Tomatoes, Celery, Cucumber, Green Peppers, Onions and Sweetcorn

Dinner: Risotto with Red Onion, Garlic, Chilli and Tomatoes

Friday

Breakfast: Muesli and Natural Yogurt

Lunch: Couscous Salad (Onions, Cucumber and Tomatoes with Lemon flavoured Couscous)

Dinner: Egg Noodles with Onions, Chilli, Garlic, Water Chestnuts and Soy Sauce

Saturday

Breakfast: 2 Boiled Eggs and 2 Pieces of Wholewheat Toast

Lunch: Jacket Potato with Beans and Homemade Coleslaw

Dinner: 3 Quorn Sausages, Spicy Slimming World Sweet Potato Wedges and 2 Grilled Tomatoes, Baked Beans

Sunday

Lunch: Quorn Chicken with Veg and Boiled Potatoes

Dinner: Tomato & Herb Pasta 'n' Sauce

Sorry about the length of it all, I just really want to know if everything I'm eating is okay and correct (feel free to change it if i'm wrong!!)

Also, I drink about 4-6 pints of water a day, and 3 cups of fennel and lentil tea.

I also try to exercise for at least 45 minutes everyday (whether that be a 45 minute walk on my lunch hour or 45 mins on the cross trainer or 45 mins swimming).

Also, some success stories would be good to hear. Like I said, I'm trying to lose 2 stone so lots of motivation and help could come in handy!

Thanks in advance and apologies for the extremely long post.

Blondy xx

I would try to eat more often than 3 times a day. If your caloric requirements (syns?) are correct then simply try splitting lunch and/or dinner up to be two "snacks" or "small meals" each. It would keep your metabolism higher throughout the day rather than having a 5 hour break between meals.

Also, this seems like a lot of effort... haha... personally, I try to be simple with my diet. For example, I eat steel cut (scottish) oats every morning with a cup of blueberries... a handful of almonds or egg as well if I feel I need the extra energy for that day. Having to refer to a chart everyday for breakfast/meal is not something I would personally be able to stick to.

Archived