Pain in hips

KH26

Feel embarrassed writing this on here but nevermind.

Some time around Christmas I hurt my back. Not sure how I did it but only recently it's stopped hurting. I probably should have seen someone about it but thought it would get better.

But I've noticed since then my hips really hurt during sex. I never had this before Christmas so I'm assuming it's because of whatever it was that caused the back pain. It's just getting silly now though. There's been a few times where I've had to ask my boyfriend to stop because I'm close to tears the pain is so bad. First time this happened and I asked him to stop he thought it was because of him, explained my hips were hurting and he was OK about it but starting to feel that it's unfair to make him stop... you know... near the end.

Any ideas how to make this stop?

In my totally non-medical-professional opinion, I think you might benefit from a few visits to a chiropractor. This is the sort of thing they specialize in. If you do not already have a chiropractor, and no insurance it can be pricey to get started....but many chiropractors will work with you by providing payment plans and the like.

When you hurt your back other muscles often tighten causing the hips/pelvic to rotate into a unnatural position. Tight muscles and spasms come with back injuries all the time. For your back and hips try some stretching exercises to loosen yourself back up. This should include ham strings, adductors and abductors. See your MD and they can give some meds to help relax the muscles as you heal.

For your sex life: How about a different position. There are plenty of positions and it might be fun to try them all to see which ones work the best.

Lost

No, he didn't think it was unfair that I made him stop. He didn't realise I was in pain and I just asked him to stop without giving him a reason, he thought it was something he'd done wrong till I explained that my back had been hurting for a while and now my hips were hurting.

Ah well, seems like a trip to the doctors.

Archived