Bronchitis and missing work... should I be going in like this? Scared to loose job.

I've had bronchitis for about 9 days. I worked through the initial bout, but once I started to have trouble breathing, well I took those days off. So far I've missed about 4 days, off and on. I've been to the doctor and know it's not pneumonia (yet), but I can't return to work because I can barely breathe. I feel like those I work with think I'm milking this, but I'm literally doing everything in my power to get better, I hate sitting home. Again, I've been to the doctor, I'm on the meds they gave me, so there isn't too much more I can do but wait it out. Anyone have any tips on beating this? I'm taking 4 hot showers a day to clear my lungs out, I'm sleeping a TON, drinking lots of water. Why me!

My big fear is that I'm going to loose my job over this, I only started 3 months ago. I feel so helpless. I went to the hospital tonight and they told me to take one more day off. I'm so scared to not go in tomorrow, but I'm scared to go in because I feel like I won't heal. I'm also worried I'm going to get a bad reputation when I worked so hard to be responsible and well liked. God I hate being sick. Sorry, this has turned into a rant.

i had bronchitis a few weeks ago. what helped clear it up for me was 1 - antibiotics, 2 - prednisone (because i also had asthma/allergies) and 3 - mucinex. lots of it!!! i was coughing all sorts of gross stuff out but it worked. i felt better within a few days.

don't take nyquil or things that prevent you from hacking that stuff up.

i had bronchitis a few weeks ago. what helped clear it up for me was 1 - antibiotics, 2 - prednisone (because i also had asthma/allergies) and 3 - mucinex. lots of it!!! i was coughing all sorts of gross stuff out but it worked. i felt better within a few days.

don't take nyquil or things that prevent you from hacking that stuff up.

Wow annie, I had the same thing three weeks ago. I ended up in the emergency as it interfered with my asthma & had to get my airways opened. It happened twice in my life before that led to bronchitis + partial pneumonia. Luckily it wasn't bad but same exact treatment for me. Took about two weeks for everything to come out though

As for the OP they can't fire you if you're genuinely sick and especially something that's contagious.

Archived