need a girls opinion please

kinetic32

its been close to a month since my gf and I broke up.

I had initiated the break up .. for the second time. due to the fact I can get a temper and take things out on her... now I have never hit. nor called names I just get real defensive and just become very hostile..

we had about 2 weeks of no contact.. well she wouldnt respond to me at all.

I have recently been in counseling for my anger control for the past 3 weeks. not just because it ended things but because it was really not a prt of myself i liked and i needed to try to change that.

for the past 2 weeks we have talked and texted each other, some initiated by me and some by her.

the thing is she will refuse to talk about anything emotional.. nor will respond to anything i say emotional.. via i still love you... i realize your the one...can you forgive things? she will not absolutely not discuss her feelings and completely ignores what i say if it is something emotional realated.

we have great conversations.. i sent her a huge flower arrangment she accepted and said she put them next to her bed and she loves them...

she has a ring of mine.. this ring is a very important ring to me.. its nothing special in value but it represents alot.. ive had it forever.. she says shell mail it back but has not done so yet.. its been 3 weeks now.

i asked her if we can go out on a date.. she said that would be fun and she will look at her sched and let me know whens a good time..

I really do love her.. and Im so very thankfull she is still talking to me.. but I cant help but wonder what is going on?

why does she refuse to have a conversation about the relationship and the feelings and what has happened.. im starting to feel like a foll for telling her the things i do and getting ignored. ladies advice or thoughts or insights as to help me out to understand what she could be thinking? or her intentions or just experience on what you may think is happening here..

i really love her.. and i know for a fact shes the type that once its done she wants nothing more to do with it.. its just confusing.

It could be that she doesn't fully trust that you've changed, and she's avoiding saying anything emotional until she's convinced you're not going to revert to your old ways.

All you can do is keep showing her you can keep yourself under control. If she doesn't like you saying emotional things then perhaps stop saying them for the moment, but show her in other ways. The flowers were a nice gesture

One possibility could be that not talking about her feelings is a way for her to keep a distance between the two of you. She might be doing this because she's not sure that you have truly changed and is scared that you only appear to have changed but that with time you will be the same person you were before (temper/anger wise).

I only say this because one of my friends was in a similar situation not so long ago. In her case, the best thing the guy could have done was stay around, avoir talking too much about emotions and giving her time to figure things out...Instead he only talked about feelings and acted so desperatly to get her back that he scared her off for good...

Archived