Last meeting with the ex

Oh boy.. it was hard.

I was really nervous about it, but didn't let him see it. He was here for about 45 mins. We talked about everything, and for the first time.. I felt no love between us. And that was the hardest part I think. We sat on separate couches and there was just nothing. There was a few times he stared me in the eyes, but it was a different look. Like a look of loss.

He asked where this left us, and I said nowhere. We are strangers. He said he hoped we could be friends someday and he was really sorry he hurt me. The whole conversation was very cold, so when he was leaving, I figured I would hug him one last time. We did and everything came back. He hugged me so tight and close, and I just wanted to melt.

I'm sad. Hurt. Broken. I know I still love him, and I don't want to. I knew I'd feel like this after, so I'm just gonna ride it out, but it sucks.

The one thing he said that hurt me a lot was "I know you think my new girl is just a fling.. but she's not that at all". I just wanted to scream.

I know I have to start letting go now.

I'm so sorry leighton, I know how difficult that must have been for you.

Give yourself some time to mourn the loss and keep loved ones around you as they will help give you support during the healing process.

Sounds easy I know but it does get easier and I am always here if you ever need to talk.

Sending strength to you today to help you keep strong.. Hugs Christina x

Good lord I can't believe he said that to you. A horrible encounter, can only imagine how painful that was for you but it will probably help you to move on. That part about feeling like strangers is haunting to me, I am not looking forward to that. Look Leighton, you are young, attractive and have the world at your feet, I know that doesn't help but things will get better, I am sure of that.

Good lord I can't believe he said that to you. A horrible encounter, can only imagine how painful that was for you but it will probably help you to move on. That part about feeling like strangers is haunting to me, I am not looking forward to that. Look Leighton, you are young, attractive and have the world at your feet, I know that doesn't help but things will get better, I am sure of that.

It was very very weird. Haunting is a really appropriate word. A month ago, we were kissing and hugging so in love. To have that person in front of you, like you just met them yesterday.. was the weirdest thing ever.

Thanks for your kind words. It was a huge blow to the heart to hear him say that about his new girlfriend.

He looked like he was gonna cry after we hugged.. he buried his face into my shoulder. Which really makes no sense, and I'm not even gonna waste time over thinking it, because the man I saw today was not the man I fell in love with, even if I still do love him (more the old him). Plain and simple.

I'm so sorry the meeting went bad.

I know that look you are talking about. I only spent 5 minutes with my ex on Christmas Day to get my stuff but every time he would look me in the eyes there was.. loss, I believe. Or love. I'm still not sure. It DID feel like meeting him for the first time and it was so weird.

I can't believe he said that to you. He should at least respect you and what you DID have never to have said it. maybe he was trying to justify the new relationship in his own mind, like telling himself it was more then a fling. stupid jerk.

hang in there darling. you will make it.

yea it's good to not over think it. I was tempting to say some things about whats its probably about, the crying and hugging. But it really won't do you any good, it's nothing to hang on to and thinking about it will just keep you focused on the wrong things.

Back to business, my dear

No.. I don't think he even thought that would hurt me. I didn't show that it did either, I just basically said "I don't care.."

I'm curious to hear your theory though UserLain. Because the hugging/almost crying thing sure as hell doesn't mean he still loves me. He told me he fell in love with someone else. I don't really see any other explanation.. or maybe I'm just looking too much into it and it means nothing?

He could be feeling so many things. Sadness for hurting you. or for his Loss and change.

To make a bad analogy, It's like at graduation. Sure, school is school, but even if you want to move on when they start playing "In my life" by the Beatles at the graduation ceremony you're probably going to cry. He is losing you too, you're a part of him. And although he wants to go I can't imagine him having no feelings about this loss and change. A tight long hug maybe just that part of him expressing itself. But that part just isn't dominant unfortunately.

feel free to ask more, im here. I have a post of my own to put up

He could be feeling so many things. Sadness for hurting you. or for his Loss and change.

To make a bad analogy, It's like at graduation. Sure, school is school, but even if you want to move on when they start playing "In my life" by the Beatles at the graduation ceremony you're probably going to cry. He is losing you too, you're a part of him. And although he wants to go I can't imagine him having no feelings about this loss and change. A tight long hug maybe just that part of him expressing itself. But that part just isn't dominant unfortunately.

feel free to ask more, im here. I have a post of my own to put up

Thank you for this wonderful post

My ex gave me a 2 arm hug the day we met and part of me had been over thinking it but I no longer am.

Archived