A friend of mine killed herself the other night

We were not extremely close but we had a lot of mutual friends and we just spent time together last weekend at a friend's show. She was 25 years old and just a really sweet girl. No one saw it coming. She shot herself and her boyfriend found her in their bedroom. No note, no nothing.

I just don't get it. She had so many people around her who loved her and would have done anything for her.

Why do people commit suicide? Can things really be THAT bad?? I don't actually expect anyone to answer those questions. I just can't stop thinking about her. What a terrible waste.

Thanks for listening.

Sorry to hear that. A girl I work with died 10 days ago. They said it was of "natural causes" and took a guess as to some medical condition she had. She lived with her brother & his wife & they came home & found her in her bed. She was 23.

It does feel like such a waste. Both of these girls could have had another 3/4 of a century to live. Why does it have to end like this? It's so hard. I didn't even get to go to her funeral because it was too far away & the weather was so bad that the roads were closed. It really, really sucks. Even though we weren't super close, I just felt sooo incredibly sad for her, and I'm sure that's how you're feeling, too. And such a shock. I mean, how can things change so fast? One week they are alive & well, the next, well, you know.

This is actually the first time I've been able to write about it without crying. Eventually the shock wears off a bit, you get used to the idea that they won't be around anymore. But it's still a sting. I feel equally bad for her family for losing her unexpectedly right before Christmas. I hope you have some support & close friends that you can talk to about this & grieve with.

We were not extremely close but we had a lot of mutual friends and we just spent time together last weekend at a friend's show. She was 25 years old and just a really sweet girl. No one saw it coming. She shot herself and her boyfriend found her in their bedroom. No note, no nothing.

I just don't get it. She had so many people around her who loved her and would have done anything for her.

Why do people commit suicide? Can things really be THAT bad?? I don't actually expect anyone to answer those questions. I just can't stop thinking about her. What a terrible waste.

Thanks for listening.

I am the same age, and sometimes I think about doing what your friend did. Although I would never want to hurt my boyfriend that way.

We don't necessarily want anyone to be sorry for us, or be sorry they did something to us, we just prefer not to be anymore. Give up. I've been planning on it myself. If life corners me (and it might happen soon) I may give up. I've been thinking of safe, painless ways.

And lets face it, the world is not a nice place. So why feel sad for her? Maybe you should feel happy for her. Maybe she is happier. Maybe that is why she did it.

Having attempted twice, came close the second but failed. Trust me. you will not be happier on the other side. I am not religious. But if the other side is like what I experienced, I'm no longer in a hurry to meet my maker.

What did you experience? By the way I don't mean to be critical or disrespectful, but you failed doing it, meaning you were probably (at least half) still on THIS side. So you don't really know.

Even if it is all blackness and nothingness. I might prefer it there than here.

Having attempted twice, came close the second but failed. Trust me. you will not be happier on the other side. I am not religious. But if the other side is like what I experienced, I'm no longer in a hurry to meet my maker.

I agree. I've never attempted suicide (or wanted to) but I have a hard time believing my friend that died is anywhere right now but in a cold box under the ground.

Suicide preys on those in their weakest, most saddest times. Im sure there has been one instance where someone(even the most depressed) were glad they were alive to witness.

Life is amazing and it only happens once. Sadness, anger, jealousy, happiness, forgiveness, laziness, the ability to be free. It is all so beautiful. A sad reminder that we all have to go, but a necessary one for us to realize what a treat each day is to be alive and well.

Everything passes with time. I wanted my life to end when I was 15 and my first girlfriend broke up with me. I swore i'd never forget what happened and I was thinking about it earlier about how I forgot it all and moved on. Time does heal all.

Thank you very much for the responses, everyone.

Thanks alli, and I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you also have a good support system around you. You are in my thoughts... and if you need to talk I am here.

Why are you considering this? You don't have to tell me. But I just can't fathom wishing for death over the daily struggles life throws my way.

suicide preys on those in their weakest, most saddest times. Im sure there has been one instance where someone(even the most depressed) were glad they were alive to witness.

Life is amazing and it only happens once. Sadness, anger, jealousy, happiness, forgiveness, laziness, the ability to be free. It is all so beautiful. A sad reminder that we all have to go, but a necessary one for us to realize what a treat each day is to be alive and well.

Everything passes with time. I wanted my life to end when i was 15 and my first girlfriend broke up with me. I swore i'd never forget what happened and i was thinking about it earlier about how i forgot it all and moved on. Time does heal all.

w e l l s a i d x x x xoooo x x x

Thank you very much for the responses, everyone.

Thanks alli, and I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you also have a good support system around you. You are in my thoughts... and if you need to talk I am here.

Thanks. My coworkers & I are pretty close. We have each other to talk about it with, because all of them are feeling about the same as me. I don't think I could ever get used to people dying. How are your mutual friends taking this? Can you talk to each other about it?

Suicide preys on those in their weakest, most saddest times. Im sure there has been one instance where someone(even the most depressed) were glad they were alive to witness.

Everything passes with time. I wanted my life to end when I was 15 and my first girlfriend broke up with me. I swore i'd never forget what happened and I was thinking about it earlier about how I forgot it all and moved on. Time does heal all.

Thank you for that

Thanks. My coworkers & I are pretty close. We have each other to talk about it with, because all of them are feeling about the same as me. I don't think I could ever get used to people dying. How are your mutual friends taking this? Can you talk to each other about it?

My friends are a mess. Crying a lot, wondering how they could've missed that she was THAT unhappy. I just found out that two of them didn't even go in to work today because they have been inconsolable since getting the news. Everyone is just shattered by this. We are all getting together tonight at someone's house to just be together and remember our friend. Thankfully we are very comfortable with each other so I know we will all pull together and talk about it as much as we have to.

So sorry about the loss of your friend. She seemed to have her whole life ahead of her but something got to be too much for her to deal with, and we'll never know what that was, especially without a note. My son didn't leave a note either, I think he really felt like no one cared. But I could be wrong in my thinking, I just don't understand it either. And I've felt suicidal in my life particularly after losing my children, so you'd think I'd get why they do it but I still don't get it. I'd leave a note myself because I'd want people not to feel guilty and to understand my reasoning. My attempts usually end with the note.

So sorry about the loss of your friend. She seemed to have her whole life ahead of her but something got to be too much for her to deal with, and we'll never know what that was, especially without a note. My son didn't leave a note either, I think he really felt like no one cared. But I could be wrong in my thinking, I just don't understand it either. And I've felt suicidal in my life particularly after losing my children, so you'd think I'd get why they do it but I still don't get it. I'd leave a note myself because I'd want people not to feel guilty and to understand my reasoning. My attempts usually end with the note.

Thank you, Jetta. It means a lot to me that you took the time to post this even while you continue to grieve for your son. I hope you have a good support system around you. You remain in my thoughts.

It just scares the hell out of me and breaks my heart to think that someone like your son, or my friend - people who were so loved by so many - could still feel that hopeless.

What did you experience? By the way I don't mean to be critical or disrespectful, but you failed doing it, meaning you were probably (at least half) still on THIS side. So you don't really know.

Even if it is all blackness and nothingness. I might prefer it there than here.

"YOU" par se would experience nothing. There isn't any you. ONce you hit that pblack part you can't prefer anything becuase there is nothing. not even thought. About all I remember was coming too. the docter told me had I been under another few moments I wouldn't be typing this. at first it's tingly. Like when your foot is aspeep. then it is black. No sound, No feeling. No thought. Absolutely nothing. When I came too in the hostpital bed i felt extremely naustious, very disoriented. I could not feel my body and I was unable to make it move at all for quite some time. it took a whole day to regain normal function of my body. ended up with a major consusion. speach was hard for a few days aswell. when u wake up its extreamely frieghtening.

I remember being very scared of anything that moved. I don't wish to experience anything like that ever again. it was emensely painful. I got therapy a few years after that. It helped a lot. Im about as healthy minded as Im gonna get.

Archived