Question about his character

dolcedolore

So... I posted awhile ago about this guy I guess I've been seeing, but that post was getting pretty long, so I thought I'd just start a new one. But for those who didn't read that, the first date:

He took me out to dinner and paid, actually listened to me (he's brought things up to show he has remembered our conversations), then we watched a movie, he didn't make any moves, and hugged me goodbye. Since then we've been calling back and forth but not too often or every day (which I like).

This second time that I saw him he and his roommate were making dinner and asked if I wanted to come over. We ended up hanging out with quite a few people that night, playing board games, etc. Later on we watched a movie and... he asked if he could kiss me. We ended up kissing for over an hour. I did not go there planning to do that, but it just happened, it felt right, and he's such an amazing kisser! Anyway, he asked from the start if I was okay, then later asked if he could take off my shirt. I told him no, and he said he was fine letting me set the pace. We cuddled a lot after that, and he hugged me tightly before I left.

I seem to always have something to worry about though. He's only 21 years old and I know that there are plenty of guys out there who ONLY want sex. Obviously, almost all of them want it, but there are those who want other things as well. I'm trying to figure out which one he fits into before I get attached to him. How can you tell?

I'd say that he is acting very respectfully. Asking you if he can go farther and respecting your decisions is very commendable. I'm sure he wants sex, but he's taking cues from you, not pushing you for it.

I think he wants to get to know you better and so far is being very respectful towards you.

You know, there are plenty of handsome, intelligent, caring men who would love nothing more than to get to know you to the depths of your soul and wouldn't even have a sexual thought on their minds. They're called gay men.

You won't find a man who doesn't care about sex, but if he's respecting your beliefs and who you are as a person, isn't that enough?

lol... I do realize that men want sex, and for that matter, women do too. I just have run into guys who only want sex and nothing more. Thankfully, I haven't been foolish enough to give into that and watch them move on right after "accomplishing" their goal, but I do know friends who have been through that. I don't want that. I know that there are men out there who do want relationships/something more than just f**k buddies, but it can be hard to tell sometimes.

Archived