Some of my art

Tarkan

Here are some of the drawings and painting I make in my free time. Enjoy

This is from my sketchbook

image removed

These are painting. I only started painting a few months ago so I still make alot of mistakes. For example: The eye of the girl is too big so it gives her that retarded look. It's also not finished yet !

image removed

image removed

image removed

Thanks alot for all the compliments !

The painting with the tree is just all about the colours that make me happy, really. Blue, green ... too bad that humans are destroying nature. I hope that we'll still be able to watch a radiantblue sky and the green of a shimmering forest in the future. Grey makes me so depressive ...

No really, if you have depressions problems, you have to hang out in places with natural colours. Cold tints are good for the mood !

@Waveseer: I'm glad you like it, you must be the first one. But I'm curious and just gonna ask you what I ask everytime when someone takes a look at that painting: What do you see in it ?

Atm I'm more into figurative art because I seem to fail at making abstract work most of the time. But who knows, I might give it a new try in the future

Color can be really intimidating, can't it? So many variables to deal with that you don't with black and white...

But I really like that house, and especially the first drawing. I think that's superb -- it has that old world illustration feeling that I love so much. I appreciate the detail, too. You should do finished pieces like that, it's too good just to hide in a sketchbook.

Love your work. I'm crazy about the abstract!! Wow! It's awesome!! Do you have anymore like that?

Thanks. It must be the only decent abstract work I have. It's also a very impulsive work: The day I made it, I was in a very depressive mood. For me, it was just an obsessive way to release the anger and sorrow that was burning inside me. The colours and forms used in the painting were the best way to express it I think. That's why I always ask people what they see in it. I'm just curious to know if they recognize those feelings in the painting.

Usually they answer: "I see trees" -_- What a let down ! Maybe I'll make more in the future. Hopefully it will be about happy feelings ^_^

Color can be really intimidating, can't it? So many variables to deal with that you don't with black and white...

But I really like that house, and especially the first drawing. I think that's superb -- it has that old world illustration feeling that I love so much. I appreciate the detail, too. You should do finished pieces like that, it's too good just to hide in a sketchbook.

Are you into steampunk ? I just wonder because you said that you like old world related things. So do I

It's hard for me to finish anything, I'm too chaotic: I start alot of projects that I never end. The result of this is that I have plenty of unachieved paintings and drawings all spread all over my house lol. Or do you know that feeling where you start something but you lose your motivation or even worse, your inspiration ?

This is another painting, far fom achieved. At first, it was just ment as an exercice to learn how to paint skin ( related to a future project ). But I ended up adding more objects that werent directly related to the arm I first painted. That's also why it doesn't feel like something coherent. At the moment, I don't know what to add next. I was thinking about adding traditional mirror decoration around the "window" and more flowers/plants.

It's pretty big so I added some close ups of certain details.

Enjoy

image removed

image removed

image removed

Thanks. It must be the only decent abstract work I have. It's also a very impulsive work: The day I made it, I was in a very depressive mood. For me, it was just an obsessive way to release the anger and sorrow that was burning inside me. The colours and forms used in the painting were the best way to express it I think. That's why I always ask people what they see in it. I'm just curious to know if they recognize those feelings in the painting.

My first thought when I saw the abstract and the colours used, was : "Wow! really dark and moody", lol. So yes, I guess i recognized a depressing feel about it.

I love the new stuff you just posted. Awesome work!!