Do you think you are attractive?

acfan

Wow! big response to my thread! I guess saying that I have never felt attractive isn't totally correct. I Have felt attractive at times, but it always seems to come from the outside when a compliment comes my way. It is temporary and seems like I never feel it from myself. I always think people are just being nice and really think I'm ugly and say or think that when I'm not around. I have been married for four years when I was very young. I think being in my forties now I want to feel attractive the way I look today. I know it comes from within, but having a look or a compliment from the opposite sex is very nice.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder how to feel attractive. I have never felt handsome or good looking. This makes it hard to work out or dress nice, because I think why bother? So, do you think you are physically attractive, if so what about you is attractive? Or do you think your personality is the attractive thing, or both?

Honestly.. I'm not sure if I look attractive or not lol. I Think I am somewhat because I've had guys hit on me before and ask me out so that has to count for something I hope haha.. I actually don't dress up much, because I don't place much importance on my looks, but if anything is physically attractive about me that attracted them to me in the first place would probably be my face maybe >.> because I don't really dress up where my figure shows. Or I think they were attracted to my personality.. my shyness, friendliness.. and how I came off as very innocent I think my personality can be attractive if someone got to know me well. I'm kinda neutral and don't really care about my appearance much. (I don't really want to stand out and bring attention to myself anyways haha) As long as I smell okay and look okay/presentable XD.

hmmm For me, there is a difference between feeling and knowing I'm attractive.

I know I'm attractive, however I don't always feel that way. When I don't feel good, I don't feel attractive.

As for my personality.. hmmm... my personality is the type that is really attractive to few, and really hated by most lol. But that's ok, I like the way I am.

• 2 months later...

Yes, I am attractive in my own eyes on many days. Then, there are the days when I feel downright fug.

I try not to get centered on the few features that I hate, because it puts me in the fug mindset.

Let's face it though..makeup REALLY helps us ladies. My face is attractive in a general sense, but makeup takes me from "meh" to "pretty!". I tend to wear at least a little bit of makeup every day because it always gives me that little boost of confidence.

I think I'm pretty, definitely above average looking. But it's not everything believe me. I don't think it makes me particuarly attractive. I think confidence is attractive and although I've spent my whole life striving to be a confident, assertive person, the truth is I'm shy, and that makes me feel unattracive.

I'm the most confident insecure person you'll ever meet.

I'm attractive, yes..now that i'm pregnant, I don't really feel it..so i'm pretty much wishing this whole thing will hurry up so I can get back to my pre pregnancy self.

Like ISA said I have a great personality too which I think makes me more attractive. I'm always down for a good time, I can be friends with anyone and I always have fun regardless of what we're doing.

I think I'm attractive. The people that matter in my life think I'm attractive....that's really all that I care about.

I make friends with pretty much everyone. I don't discriminate. I think that's why people enjoy being around me....guess my personality is attractive.

^^ thats key my ex-gf once told me that girls are all b******** until ishe meets them and all guys are as******* till she meets them...im not liek that..everyone is a friend to me until you prove me wrong..i love meeting new people, but i just cant stand people who hate on other people just because....you know

^^ thats key my ex-gf once told me that girls are all b******** until ishe meets them and all guys are as******* till she meets them...im not liek that..everyone is a friend to me until you prove me wrong..i love meeting new people, but i just cant stand people who hate on other people just because....you know

I know exactly what you mean. That can make the most attractive person, ugly.

I have a 'friend' that I've pretty much disassociated my self with because every time we'd be somewhere and she'd see a girl that was even somewhat pretty she'd make some criticizing comment about her. Its their own insecurities that make them that way.

Archived