Ex Who Cheated, Friend Requests on FB

This'll be relatively short since our relationship was. I met her while I was in a serious relationship with another ex and she let me know that she liked me. Told her that it was obvious but was with somebody. My other ex dumps me and I'm devastated.

She comforts me and we finally get together. Thing is from the start the relationship we had a tough time because of my recent breakup and us getting to know each other in the finale of my senior year with academics and applications to top it all off. Another problem was I talked about my ex too much and in turn she did the same. As we went on she spent more time with her ex, I didn't care at the time, and talking with him 'n such. He asks her why she is with me and honestly I spent more time thinking about my ex.

At some point she cheats on me with him and I dump her via text. Within that week I realize that I care for her and want her back but she insists that he is the only one for her. Weeks pass and we are on ok terms. One day I run into her mom at the store and we get to talking about things and then what happened. My response was that our feelings for each other were fleeting and just a passer by relationship. Also I expressed my sympathies because her home situation was not so friendly. Since I myself come from a broken home she understood my comments instead of become insulted by them. Later my she to me and yells because now her home life is worse because her mother had told her about the run in and explained how I told her that my ex goes around saying that she comes from a broken home. Read the last few sentences in case your not tracking.

So the mother completely misconstrues what I said and now my ex thinks I'm a douche bag. Why do I care? Because I'm not someone who wastes their time with that high school bullcrap anymore. Months later, present day, I am in college and she friend requests me on FB. Now recently I have been talking to her best friend a lot in a more friendly way so I am wondering maybe this has provoked her although she is back together with a different ex (not the guy she chated on me with). Now FB is probably a waste of time but should I care whether we are friends on FB because in reality it does not mean a thing. Also because of left over feelings.

Any comments welcomed.

It sounds like you're both immature, but she's much worse than you are. Your relationship is broken and you have no trust with each other with all of the lies/infidelity. I would suggest trying to find someone else instead of fixing things with her. This isn't what you want to hear most likely but it's what's best if you want it to succeed.

Archived