I wish I had found this site month's ago; I would have behaved in a totally different manner when my ex ended it. I was the begging, pleading, give me/us another chance kind of guy and it pushed her away…

We have said goodbye/hello a hundred times, telling each other too move on with our lives. Each time we said goodbye, we always found away to say hello. In the past few weeks unknowingly I was doing a modified version of the no contact rule. She would text message me or call. She calls me almost every night now…

I know she is still deeply in love with me, as I am deeply in love with her. We are older than most people here, she's 46 and I am 53.

We are meeting in a few weeks; she is flying here, no promises and no commitments. Two years ago she asked me to marry her, I skirted the issue (can't explain why here… extremely complicated). If you do find true love/soul mate do not let anything separate you… do not wait for life to come too you…

I just wanted to come out of the shadows and say thank you for the advice and guidance I've received here. I hope all your dreams and loves are fulfilled.

Hi Jeff,

What a nice post, thanks! I agree, I wish I'd found this site 4 years ago when I went through very tough times, It would have provided me the strength and the insight to work through it. And most importantly, I wouldn't have felt so alone. Sharing is a beautiful fulfillment.

Hope everything works out for the two of you, let us know.

Woobiegirl

Well.... what a difference a day or two makes. I received an email last night stating she's in love with another man and has to end it here and now with me. She says she is additiced to my voice and looks, that I take her where no man has or will take her again.

She says she is blocking all emails and changing her cell number, so I am applying the no contact rule as of yesterday. Life is too short to play games or spending it chasing after someone who doesn't want you anymore.

Wish me luck, it hurt's like hell... I have to go on and I am not sure where to start.... We've had this conversation before and I begged and pleaded... but no more...

Well.... what a difference a day or two makes. I received an email last night stating she's in love with another man and has to end it here and now with me. She says she is additiced to my voice and looks, that I take her where no man has or will take her again.

She says she is blocking all emails and changing her cell number, so I am applying the no contact rule as of yesterday. Life is too short to play games or spending it chasing after someone who doesn't want you anymore.

Wish me luck, it hurt's like hell... I have to go on and I am not sure where to start.... We've had this conversation before and I begged and pleaded... but no more...

JJ,

Sorry to hear about your recent developments. Don't beat yourself up over the begging and pleading thing. We have all done it, and I am not sure why, because it is the least effetive. Anyhow. Feel free to vent anytime, most of us here understand what you are going through and feel your pain.

Good luck!

I want to give up actually... move on but I don't seem to know how. Is there any advice on how to heal the pain and hurt? I have lost 45 pounds and changed drasticlly over the past 4-5 months... any advice or help would be appreciated.