Casual fun

watered_down

Yeah, sure, I've tried them in the distant past -- I've tried lavalife-adult and AFF. I chickened out though, but I could have hooked-up with someone.

AFF is cool because you got pics, webcams, blogs, etc... so you can make your own "fun" on there if you are not getting the responses you want and still manage to have a good-time. Not in that scene anymore, just tried it for kicks for about a month a few years ago. Not a random hook-up type of guy.

I think that you are going to find those kind of people whether you meet them in person or you meet them through a dating site. Of course if you are going to be strictly casual then as long as you state your intentions that you are not looking for anything serious then you would be fine. You should realize that not all women will be interested in something casual so you may have a difficult time finding some that are interested in something strictly casual.

Thanks all; does anyone have an experience using P.O.Fish for casual "intimate encounters"? - thats the term they use.

That's a stupid idea because if you try that, then lots of other women on there have filters on, that if you seek out for that there, they will just block you. You may get a handful of women that say 'yes' to intimate encounters that are either fake profiles or they have a diluge of guys -- meanwhile you shut yourself off to 95% of the dating market of women who have filters on.

Best to just meet people from pof, and if there is a good connection, then pursue what you want with them.

POF is pretty good in the UK from what I hear. I used it in the states. My advise is to pick a primary interest (probably not intimate encounter if you are male) and just meet people on it. You'll probably find that some women would work better in relationships, some as f buddies, some friends with benefits, some friends. I suggest leaving your options open and just creating a really good all around profile.

Many men go on POF purely looking for sex, but few would put that they want intimate encounter. It would turn most females away immediately and you wouldn't give any of the other guys on the site competition.

Archived