Hurt and angry with Fake People

rican4u2002

I know this is an online person but I considered this person a friend and pretty much did tell him about my situation and the rest of the people that were there and they were all supportive and this and that until probably about an hr or so ago. One of the guys pretty much "called me out" in saying that I was lying about my situation and that I was preying on people's emotions because my story had so many holes in it and this and that. And I'm like why would I remotely lie about something so serious? Only a f*cked up person would do that, so of course I kept to my guns and defended myself all the while no one else pretty much helped me out. And what made it worse was he was saying everyone as in the people who was being all caring and supportive and this and that

So not only do I not trust anyone right now, I'm so unbelievably hurt and betrayed by them and this guy as well. I have every right to be don't I?

I don't know if you have the right to be angry and hurt or not, I haven't seen your posts or anything else, but you feel angry and hurt so yes you do have the right. Sometimes I think with these sort of things there is no right or wrong, it's a dammed if you do, dammed if don't situation.

It happened to me before when I was having a difficult time in life, attempting to explaining my complex situation(s) ... by the way, explaining to people I should not really have trusted ... and then at some point they rifled through the details, picked-up a handful of seemingly unexplainable or contradictory pieces in the whole fabric of my situation(s) >> then leveled me with accusations I was a fake and manipulator.

It was a horrible experience. I was at a low point in my life. And then folks were taking this highly personal information and twisting it against my credibility. In so doing they were also endeavoring to deny me the right to all the feelings I had about my very real difficulties.

Fortunately, I was able to provide evidence of the pieces they disputed. But with that I had enough of their bullc**p and got the heck away from them. Still it took a long, long time to recover from the humiliation.

Ultimately I was able to see some more pieces relating to how I made myself vulnerable to such a situation. I also came to recognize their place in the confusion, and forgave them in my heart for their part in the misunderstanding. I, however, still would not trust personal information with them. They acted rashly and in a way which was irresponsible to my feelings. I was violated.

I am also more cautious in similar situations. I know that ultimately only I am responsible for keeping my self safe, including the choices of who I include in my most inner circle. And what I share.

I believe you. This world is made up mostly of people who look for fault and blame and dysfunction. It is rare to have a friend who is open and curious and values us exactly the way we are -- for all our humanity and vulnerability, a friend who has the skills as a friend to keep us safe through all our trials and through the trials of friendship. It is just rare.

Separately, I once had a condition which could have been (and therefore was) life threatening. I remember I never lost the faith I would survive. I think in life it is always important to believe.

I believe you. This world is made up mostly of people who look for fault and blame and dysfunction. It is rare to have a friend who is open and curious and values us exactly the way we are -- for all our humanity and vulnerability, a friend who has the skills as a friend to keep us safe through all our trials and through the trials of friendship. It is just rare.

I understand what you are saying. I like to think that is what I am like, I'm probably not very good at it, I fail miserably sometimes. All it makes people is human.

Sweetheart you can't be listening to what people have to say. In fact, I think it's best that you stay away as best as you can. You don't need that kind of stress in your life right now. All you need to focus on is your health. People will always have something to say, don't bother to stoop down to their level because they're immature. You're better than that. Stay strong hun.

I think people are wary of being taken for a ride by online situations; I'm sorry you're in pain, but maybe seek help from people closer to you in real life, rather than online friendship, which would be more reliable.

I just read your last thread - did the doctor confirm that it was stomach cancer which had spread rather than pancreatic cancer? I've (unfortunately) had a lot of people close to me have cancer, and as I understand it, it's the original cancer which is the one that you have - to give an example, my brother had bowel cancer which spread to his lungs; he did not have lung cancer then, he still had bowel cancer in his lungs.

I would seriously focus on your health issues, and get support from your family and friends in real life, because they are reliable and will be there for you, and know that you are not lying or think that there are holes in your story.

Take care.

@ cantexplain: That pretty much sounds exactly like what happened to me. It's ridiculous but I can understand what your saying in general. I probably will be definitely more careful, and I must say that your a big person for forgiving them, I know for me it will take awhile.

@ Jd1118: Yeah I am. I'm taking a break from there and just staying away for awhile. But your right and I will be focusing on my health ty

@ Honey Pumpkin: Someone else asked me that question and I forgot to get back to them, but yes it was confirmed that it was stomach cancer and it spread to my pancreas. Ah okay, I was confused about that, I thought it was the cancer you have currently is the cancer you have, that's why I've been saying pancreatic cancer, but according to what your saying it's stomach cancer. Thanks for clearing that up for me Yeah I have been relying on them, I just thought for a moment I had real online friends but obviously not.

Archived