Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

staying fit and healthy

greywolf

I've decided to make a new journal to keep track of my diet/exercise. I really need to start taking better care of myself. I have gained 3 lbs since I started school. That is pretty significant considering I've only been going to school for a month.

I'm at 125 lbs right now, but I'd like to get back to what I weighed last year - 115. Even if I get down to 120, I'll be satisfied. I know 125 doesn't seem like a lot but I have a small frame and I'm not very tall.

Yesterday I took a mental health day and called in sick at work. I went to martial arts class at 10 and practiced stick fighting for an hour. Not much cardio from that, but my arms definitely got worked out. Stick fighting is the one reason I have managed to keep my arms nice and toned even though the rest of me looks flabby.

Then I went to school at 6 and got home at 10, but I worked on my research paper till midnight so I couldn't fit in any exercise.

I won't be getting home till 11 pm today, so maybe I can go for a quick walk during my lunch break today. I'm feeling pretty good today. Usually I am exhausted by wednesday. My day off yesterday really helped. I think once I clear up their backlog here at this office, I'm going to ask if I can take every Tuesday off.

I'm trying to look for people to play volleyball with on the weekends. I miss that and it's a fun way to get exercise.

I've also been cutting down on my coffee intake and I don't drink it with sugar anymore. Cutting down the sugar is beneficial in two ways: Less sugar in my system (of course), and it makes me drink less because it doesn't taste as good.

^Thanks guys. I'll keep that in mind.

Just got home from school. I'm exhausted. I think I'm gonna go take a quick shower and then go to bed.

Tomorrow evening I need to work on my research outline, and then on Friday evening I should do my Physiology homework. I'll probably have to spend Saturday and Sunday studying for my tests on Monday and Tuesday. ughhh

I mixed instant coffee into my oatmeal this morning =/

Yesterday someone here at the office bought ice cream for everybody so I ended up eating it because I felt bad about not accepting it. That is one thing about filipino culture that really makes it difficult for me to not overeat lol.

Also, I have a canker sore or something in my throat that kills me every time I swallow. The pain travels up to my ear.

I got a latte from Mcdonalds. It's super sweet and I'm wondering how many calories are in it as I drink it. >_>

if you get nonfat milk and sugar free syrup, they're not really high in calories.

I get a large nonfat sugar free vanilla coffee sometimes from mcdonalds and it's about 120 calories.

Archived