Why show interest and then not follow through?

arsenic_n_lace

So me and my friends went out to a bar this weekend and there was this cute guy who was definitely showing interest in me, he was sitting at our table and passing me notes, one of which saying that he wanted to know if I’d like to go on a date with him. Then later on in the night we went to a different bar and he went there too and we danced to one song and he gave me a kiss on the cheek. After we danced I said that I wanted to go and find my friend and I didn’t see him for the rest of the night.

Should I just write this off and not look into it any further? If he was really interested he would’ve found me again wouldn’t he? And he would’ve asked for my number right? Which he didn’t and maybe he forgot but that excuse doesn’t really work either because we have a mutual friend in common and if he was actually interested he could’ve always asked her for my number. I guess I’ve kind of just answered my own question didn’t I? lol

So then why would a guy show interest and say he wanted to go on a date and then not follow through? It just doesn’t really make sense…

Any thoughts??

I know i thought of that after and i should've said that! But i didn't...

Like i said though if he really was interested he could always ask my friend for my number but he didn't and i know i could do the same thing and ask my friend for his number but i don't feel like putting myself out there because now it seems like he just wasn't "that into me"

You can't tell if he was that into you or not - he seemed like he was.

Why don't you try being a woman of the new millennium and ask your friend for the guys contact info? Don't just sit there like Cinderella and wait for your prince to produce a glass slipper. If he was interesting to you, then go for it.

he didn't get your number? might have just been a night of fun. too many other people to worry about a guy you barely know and met once.

who passes notes at a bar anyways?

I agree with this. I find that i'm always the one to pursue the guy and it hasn't really worked out in my favor lately.

And i thought the note passing was cute haha maybe a little odd but refreshing i guess?

I agree with this. I find that i'm always the one to pursue the guy and it hasn't really worked out in my favor lately.

And i thought the note passing was cute haha maybe a little odd but refreshing i guess?

the note passing could be a bit of being insecure with actually making a move in person per se. maybe he was intimidated to ask for your number. i dunno. whatever reason, you shouldn't think about him anymore. at least you had a good time.

i know i dance with girls all the time and talk to girls a lot. i don't go for their numbers all the time.

I have learned that clubs/bars are all wrong with meeting people. Drinking makes people act differently than they normally would. After I got divorced, I went out with a few friends and I found a random guy to flirt with and kiss just to make myself feel better. I think that a lot of people just want to go out and have one night interactions with others that don't mean anything other than a good time for one night. Whether just dancing, or kissing, or flirting or actually a one night stand, many people are out there just to satisfy a need. Don't take it personally.

Sounds like he changed his mind - maybe met someone he was more interested in or decided not to pursue it further for whatever reason (of course don't take it personally!). Unless there are specific time/place plans to go on a date I would not assume that the guy is interested in going on a date with you. You are right that if he was interested in going on a date with you he would at least have gotten your name/number.

Passing notes was kinda cute...remember "Do you like me? Check a box. Yes/No"?

Anyway, there are a lot of times I have been at a bar, have a girl talk to me and vice-versa, and we are just flirting and having a good time.

I do agree with "Hurley21" in that a lot of times it is just a good time that makes you feel good.

Archived