Post here instead of contacting your ex!

I miss you. It's been 2 1/2 months and I still break down and cry every once in a while. I want to move on and I was doing so well before, that is until I found out you moved on 2 weeks after we broke up. After you told me explicitly that you wanted to be single and didn't want a relationship for a long time. We broke up on mutual terms but I wish you told me afterwards that you were wrong, you want someone else. And that you are sorry for lying and saying that you weren't ready for a relationship. I wouldn't be such a mess right now.

I don't like being on my own and clearly you don't either but the idea of finding someone else that i have to invest nine years in to know as well as you...it feels too daunting to even think of...i don't understand how you don't miss me or want to talk to me...when thats all i want to do...i still believe it isn't too late for us and that's part of the problem isn't it..you know i'm just here waiting for you...i hope to god in a few months it will be you that feels the way i do now...today has been the worst day so far because i haven't seen you for 5 days...this is the longest we have gone since you broke up with me....i'd give anything to see whats happening in your mind so i could just no the truth instead of your pathetic don't knows...you do know...you just can't handle it. Your giving me false hope and it's making it worse...just let me go if you don't want me...just let me go...don't talk to me like nothings happened...don't ask for my advice or spill your guts out to me when your having a baby with someone else after 4 weeks....you hide behind fake smiles...i wish i could even fake smile.

I'm really worried about my sister. She isn't doing well. I know you hated her, but this was just an extension of your own self-loathing. You two are nearly the same person, just expressed in slightly different ways. You hated her because she loves attention and loves to be in control. You're just projecting that which you dislike about yourself onto her. You don't want to admit that you also crave attention and control. Everything you do reminds me of a little kid jumping up and down shouting, "Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!" And it's not because you weren't hugged enough as a child or something. I've seen how your mom babies you. You're the precious eldest son of an aristocratic family. Your entire life, you've been taught that you are special. You need to learn that you are special, but so is everyone else.

And the US put you in your place, and you hate it. Here, no one recognizes your last name. No one says, "Oh, you come from good blood. You have something in you which cannot be learned." You are not high-class here. No one gives you special treatment here, and you are unwilling to work hard to get what you want.

I'm really beginning to sincerely dislike you.

who do you think you are.... running round leaving scars... collecting your jar of hearts.. tearing love apart... your gonna catch a cold... from the ice inside your soul.... dont come back for me... just who do you think you are.. and dont you know im not your ghost anymore.. cause all thats waiting is regret... you lost the love i loved the most.. i learned to live half alive.. so dont come back for me.. who do you think you are.. x x

Just found out your going to be there this weekend. Oh joy! I can only pray that the 4 and a half months of progress I've made since the last time I saw you doesn't go down the drain again....I'm nervous, but kinda indifferent at this point. Nothing can shock me. I'm expecting the worst. I think last time was different, I was NOT prepared for you to be with a girlfriend....now I am definitely expecting it. I hope you come alone so you can stand in the corner of the room by yourself and look like a creeper....but if you do come with someone, whether it's your ex after me, or some random girl....I'm expecting it and prepared for it. It probably will still sting a tiny bit but no where near as bad as it was in May....so we'll see. I am just gonna play it cool, smile at you if I see you, NOT go over to you, if you say hi to me I'll say hi back but move on with my night. I can do this!! I'm sure I will be drunk so my number one priority is DON'T LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT LIKE LAST TIME! PLEASE! DON'T make small talk and ask him how his family is, DON'T DON'T DON'T dance with him! OMG just NO! Be nice but keep distance.

I have an urge to text you and be like 'I see you'll be there Saturday' but NO! NOT a good idea! So I won't....but definitly fighting a battle with myself tonight :sigh: Especially because Halloween last year was what broke us.....it was the beginning of the end of us. So it's like here I am, Halloween again, and there you'll be....crap this sucks!

I wondered how you could have the audacity to play such ridiculous games with me when you know how screwed up my life is--but as I have come to realize recently--some people are just born totally selfish. Sometimes I wish I was more like you, totally unfazed by the needs of others but I am nothing like that. I have empathy and love for strangers, you're just a * * * * * --but one of many, many douchebags in the world. I believed for a very long time that someone just needed to flip the switch on you--to make you less of a monster but you like being the way you are, don't you?

and I'm supposed to believe that Shreky Shrek and her toothy grin are what you have always been waiting for? God help me if that's true. Either way it's a win, since you won't be out in the world pretending to be humane anymore. I finally believe that you played that sick and elaborate game with me because you're a bad person. Thanks for making me strong--and street smart too. I love being strong now and I am happy to be free of the illusion that if you pretend hard enough, that the fantasy can become reality--just like pretending you're a kind and loyal person. I thought having that fantasy was enough for me to be happy, and moreover, the best I could do. Instead I'm making it happen in my real life instead of pretending that dirt is gold. I'd have miserable tunnel vision under your wing. You deceived me and made it as difficult as possible for me to move on. You're such a control freak, that was your most selfish act of all. Why did you want me to suffer? It's so disturbing. Why did you insist to the very end, on leaving me with the delusion that we were going to reunite someday? You really need me to be a member of your little fan club? I guess that's the point--it seems to be the way you always want to be remembered by people you think so little of, you love playing the big man to the little people right? too bad you made a bad judgement call on this one--you stupid, stupid little weasel.

by the way--I don't hate you because deep down I'm totally in love with you. I thought that was the only possible option but it's not true. I hate you because you're such scum that I can't even wrap around how small and constricted your heart is. Sometimes hate is real and totally justified. After what you did--and I'm not talking about the cheating, god, that's nothing compared the real issue between us--as far as I'm concerned, you've given up your human rights. If you were in trouble, I'd let you die. You did that to me.

It sickens me that you probably Skype her every night on the laptop I bought you. I wasted so much money on you, and you never even bought me a birthday present. I didn't say anything about it because I wanted to be the good girlfriend. I wanted to be that perfect girl and have your friends say, "Wow, she's amazing! What a catch! Don't you ever lose her!" And I was, and they did. Everyone hated her but loved me. I wonder what they're all saying behind your back now? I wonder what convoluted story you told them to make me look like the bad guy? Actions speak louder than words, though, and anyone with half a brain can see what you did to me. So why did you come out on top? Why are you the one whose dreams are coming true?

I'm sorry i'm such a burden to you...i love you more than anything but when i see you i can't look at you...there's no going back and no going forward...i'm just stuck. its such a shame you ruined it and act like you don't even care....you don't understand what i'm feeling i have no hope anymore and my fight's gone...i've been fighting since 2006 and don't have any left for myself.

You act like you never hurt me you act as though everything is fine. I wonder how you can be so good when I am dying inside without you. You make me never want to be with anyone again to aviod tis feeling in the future. You are going to pay for this one day. I hate you so much and have no freaking idea why I love you even more. Its over I know but it still feels just as bad as when it happened.

I go out with friends, I try my hardest to have fun. When I walked out the house to meet my friend last night, it was already dark and I wanted to be walking with you, your arm around me. I met my friend outside a bar where we had our "first date", even though we had been friends for a while anyway. That was our first official date, wasn't it? The chemistry that night was absolutely overwhelming, even the barman commented on it (and ha! I remember that you couldn't stand up to go to the bar at one point because of something that was happening in your trousers! Oh my, I'd forgotten about that!) even though we weren't doing "anything", we were just sat next to each other...

And that was June last year. And look at us now... The easy free flowing communication has whittled away to tense, drawn out emails and meet ups which just confirm the chemistry and feelings are still there, but nothing is being said or done. I think I'm going to have to take control but it's really scary. So just biding my time.

"Lets keep being honest with each other" - those words you said a month ago still haunt me every day. I think it's time I am honest with you.

just in case anyone is reading this:

if compelled to write to an ex, fine. Do not thank them for anything! I don't understand why people get the urge to thank the people that have just dumped them for the amazing relationship or whatever. It will not make you look good, either. You will seem so transparent, wimpy and lame. I am not necessarily a strict advocate of NC (although I impose it on myself) but please for the love of god I wish people would stop thanking their dumpers for how wonderful they were. If you were in a good relationship you were probably doing that all along, and they already know that anyway.