HE wants to take it SLOW...

Lonely_in_VA

So, I met this guy online about a month ago...he sent me a message on MySpace and I replied. We've gone out on numerous dates and even went to the beach for a weekend together. We text/talk to each other every day. Just an FYI, I'm a very forward person...I speak my mind.

I have been divorced for 5 years and he's been divorced for 6 1/2 years, so both of us have experienced alot of "loneliness"...and yes, we have been "intimate". He's a very sweet man, a good father, affectionate, attentive and he has alot of other great qualities! He constantly tells me how beautiful I am and/or how great I look.

Today I asked him "where he'd like for this to go?" and his response was this: "I like you...you are a nice person...I really enjoy being with you. I just want to have great times and take things slow...I just want to be careful" My reason for asking him this question was to kinda find out where I stand and make sure we were both on the same page. Turns out that maybe I've fallen a little harder than he has at this point. I told him maybe I should back off a bit and he said "I don't want you to back off".

How do I deal with this? Do I back off or not? I really, really like this guy and the last thing I want to do is scare him away!! Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I always admire guys who want to take it slow, they're just the type I'd go for, lol.

I actually don't see what the problem is, nor why you think you should back off? It's only been a MONTH, still very early days. Things are going well, you enjoy each other's company etc etc. Why can't this continue for a little while longer? Why does it have to move at a faster pace? Like "fatcat1999" said above - just chill out.

just chill out, you two just known each other for a month. why a "title" is that important? you are having fun, aren't you? and why you want to be pinned down to one guy so early anyway.

I would have to say I agree with this post all the way, however I am also going to say be careful.

I don't mean to say to hurt your feeling because from what you have posted this guy seems like he is really nice and like he likes you.

I just had an experience where a guy told me excatly the same thing and he just broke it off with me last night.

Just tread with caution, its ok to like him and take things slow just don't give your whole heart away too fast... you don't want to end up getting hurt.

Good Luck!

Keep us posted I would really like to know what happens with this guy...

I definitely will! I've been alone (just me and my 2 kids) for a long time...I really like him and we have a great time together. I hope things continue to go well, and who knows, maybe it will grow into a long-term relationship, which would be fine with me I'll keep you guys posted!

I definitely will! I've been alone (just me and my 2 kids) for a long time...I really like him and we have a great time together. I hope things continue to go well, and who knows, maybe it will grow into a long-term relationship, which would be fine with me I'll keep you guys posted!

I am really happy that you seem to have found someone that you have a good time with and I really, really hope that it turns into something I would love nothing more than for you to meet a special person....

However I must give you a word of caution, take it one day at a time and stay in the present. The future in uncertain and it just creates fear and anxiety which lead us down the path of negativity. Try to stay focused and don't set your expectations too high, just in case he disappoints you.

I wish you the best of luck and happiness...

Ok, this is where I get confused...he's been texting me all day saying "he misses me", "can't wait to see me again", "is looking forward to cuddling with me on the couch"...etc.

So, last night he says he wants to take it slow, but today he says all of the above...what's up with that? It's just so confusing LOL.

Ok, this is where I get confused...he's been texting me all day saying "he misses me", "can't wait to see me again", "is looking forward to cuddling with me on the couch"...etc.

So, last night he says he wants to take it slow, but today he says all of the above...what's up with that? It's just so confusing LOL.

That's good that he is texting you, it seems like he is trying to show you he likes you. People in general are confusing and sometimes we say things that don't make sense.

Its ok to respond but don't seem too overly eager, let him know you miss him too and that you are looking forward to your next outing. If they initiate the contact its ok to respond, just don't make it seem like you have no life without him.

People contradict themselves all the time...its human nature.

Archived