Where do you meet quality men?

enchanted771

As a self-declared quality man, you can usually find me in a library or a coffee shop. Usually with my laptop open and studying for dental school...

But I have lots to talk about if a girl approaches me. Remember, if a guy is sitting by himself, it doesn't necessarily mean he wants to be alone.

1- what would be a good conversation starter with a complete stranger?

2- if you are reading or working on your laptop, what if she feels she is bothering you since you might be doing something important?

3- what if you have a wife or girlfriend who just got up for a minute to get coffee, to the lady's room, etc... and comes back to see a girl flirting with you - embarrassing for the girl talking to you and for you.

all the what ifs.... a deep breath:

2- if you are reading or working on your laptop, what if she feels she is bothering you since you might be doing something important?

3- what if you have a wife or girlfriend who just got up for a minute to get coffee, to the lady's room, etc... and comes back to see a girl flirting with you - embarrassing for the girl talking to you and for you.

1- *smiles* "Hey, what are you working on?" For me, works every time.

2- With me, she shouldn't. People are much more important to me than whatever I'm working on. If it's important, I will tell her it's important and that I'm sorry but I can't talk to her at that moment. I will always be very friendly with her, even if I have to end the conversation short.

3- I would tell her that I'm dating someone/married, and I'd do my best to minimize her embarrassment, to make the girl very comfortable and very welcome, no matter what my relationship status was. But keep this in mind: Embarrassment is just a part of dating. It happens to all of us. And it's a minor embarrassment at most. You've just met the guy and you may never even see him again. Don't worry about it.

What if he's wearing headphones?

I can only speak for myself here, but in public places, I'm rarely wearing headphones.

well, if you are just asking a simple question, like directions, or where he got his sweater or whatever, and then a girl shows up, it's no big deal. i mean, you were just asking a simple question, right?! if he starts flirting back, then good!

Nothing will ever be accomplished if all possible objections must first be overcome.

Nothing will ever be accomplished if all possible objections must first be overcome.

Well said! I couldn't agree more! We all just need to swallow our fear and just go for it! Sure, we'll get shot down. Sure, we'll be embarrassed. But if we can bring ourselves to accept that these things happen to everyone, then we'll finally find happiness in the long run. NO FEAR!

Well said! I couldn't agree more! We all just need to swallow our fear and just go for it! Sure, we'll get shot down. Sure, we'll be embarrassed. But if we can bring ourselves to accept that these things happen to everyone, then we'll finally find happiness in the long run. NO FEAR!

I am normally a very shy person but if I see a guy at a bookstore and he seems approachable I go for it. I don't do it often but when I do I have met some great people. Most of them weren't my type but I have met a lot of friends this way. I might get rejected but hey thats ok because I am probably never going to see that person again. I would rather know that they said no, than keep wondering.

Archived