2nd date ended really early! Is that bad?

CoCo2009

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dates are never an “automatic” set time. Mainly because schedules conflict, working around other events and responsibilities… As long as the date seemed to go well, and everyone left happy with talk of further communication and seeing him again, you have nothing to worry about. This is only the second date; don’t look too far into it yet.

did he ask you out again? what did you guys do?

We went to the Victoria Gardens mall (its an outside mall) then we went to Cheesecake factory because it was the only place that wasn't packed. We had drinks and then we ate. He held my hand on the way back to the car and then when we got back he said we should do it again. Then he called me to make sure I made into my apartment safe (I didn't let him know which one I lived in yet) and then he texted me that I looked very nice when he got home.

say this to yourself:

"i'm doing well today! i had a nice time with a guy last night. maybe he'll call, maybe he won't. if he does, great! if he doesn't, that's ok. but for today, i'm doing well and i'm happy."

get yourself in the present in order to stay out of the future.

Sounds great Coco! I actually prefer shorter dates because it puts less pressure on you when you don't know each other well.

He was also treating you with a lot of respect and letting you know he wasn't going to try to push you into bed or a heavy makeout session on the first date. That's usually a sign that he likes you and is taking your seriously and not just in a rush to sleep with you.

Sounds good to me! He said many positive things to you. If he's sincere, you'll hear from him again!

What type of job does he work? He may have a work shift like mine. I go in at 4am. Of course, I would at least be nice enough to explain that so she doesn't have to make posts like this one, lol.

He owns an insurance company and he had to work yesterday so I think he was kinda tired, he says that he is never up past 8 haha.

I'm pretty sure that he'll ask you out again. He genuinely shows concern for your well being - i.e. calling to make sure you got home safe, wishing you luck on your interview, and letting just you that you were on his mind - even with a simple hi and if that's not enough, he went past his curfew to spend time with you (lol). I would definitely take that as a sure sign of interest. Stop worrying so much and just go with the flow.

Archived