Ask men thread

Bad Wolf

What does it mean when a guy takes forever to to respond back to a text? We are talking like 8 hours to a day here.

That could mean a million different things. And is the unfortunate risk you take when texting. There is absolutely no way for me (or anyone) to answer this question.

Obviously though, the more time that goes past the greater probability that it is a bad sign, but 8 hours to 1 day I wouldn't quite start worrying yet.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you!!!!!! I know guys and girls work differently when it comes to communication. Guys i have noticed hate talking on the phone. They take a while to call back. But Im not so familiare with the casual texting. I mean, there are no questions in the texts so it does not require an immediate response.

Guys...you are dancing with a girl very close, you are holding her hand and your heads are over each others shoulders, then you move her hand up around your neck and wrap your arms around her tight, it is almost like a hug while dancing, your breathing is heavier, then you grab her hand again and bring it down and hold it against your chest. Are you dancing with a girl you consider just a friend or with a girl you are attracted to?

Thank you!!!!!! I know guys and girls work differently when it comes to communication. Guys i have noticed hate talking on the phone. They take a while to call back. But Im not so familiare with the casual texting. I mean, there are no questions in the texts so it does not require an immediate response.

Not enough info for an analysis. Sometimes, you have to think about a message for a while before you can give an adequate response, even if you're really keen on a girl.

Guys...you are dancing with a girl very close, you are holding her hand and your heads are over each others shoulders, then you move her hand up around your neck and wrap your arms around her tight, it is almost like a hug while dancing, your breathing is heavier, then you grab her hand again and bring it down and hold it against your chest. Are you dancing with a girl you consider just a friend or with a girl you are attracted to?

Shows nothing but that the guy has a lot of clubbing experience.

Haha...try again...he's shy and only had one gf.

Haha... try again... A smart woman would not judge a man based on the way he dances.

Trust me, dancing well has nothing to do with whether he likes you or not.

Kudos to the guy for being a quick learner, though. I'm going to use the same technique next time with my girlfriend.

Ok so picture it: a guy, who loves sleeping around and being in on/off relationships, but has a kind heart. An ex of mine actually, but to me more of a good/close friend.

He's met my current bf, yet lately he's been complimenting about how I keep getting prettier everytime he sees me. Now we're busy with our own lives but do keep in touch.

Yesterday we where at a drinking party and he came onto me. I politely declined, since I have a bf, and later told him no hard feelings from my part. I blamed the alcohol for his behaviour.

I'm confused. From what he said he's going thru some quarter life crisis and kept asking if he could "compete" with other 20 yr old guys. Wth. (He's 28 btw). So I'm guessing he was desprate and just looking to boost his ego.

Yet another part of me (and my friend) wonders if he's still into me?

Guys... why would a guy do this who already could have his pick of the litter when it comes to one night stands and dating? He knows I have a good thing going with my bf.

Guys... why would a guy do this who already could have his pick of the litter when it comes to one night stands and dating? He knows I have a good thing going with my bf.

Why would he want you, when he could have so many other girls? Why would he want someone unavailable, when he could have someone who is available? It's pretty simple, really. He wants what he can't have. He also wants to use you as a yard stick to measure whether or not he still "has it" (because he knows you, and knows that if he won you over, he'd have won you back from someone younger). Silly indeed. It's a common enough trait, though, in immature, directionless people. That's meant to be an observation, not a condemnation, btw.

And yes, as always, this is only speculation. It either rings true or it does not.

I wouldn't dance like that with a female friend, no (given that I have a partner). To me it seems less platonic, and more intimate. My guess? He was either caught up in the moment, or has feelings for you, or both.

This is more a question for you shy guys, but anyone can answer

Would you be weirded out by a girl who made the first move on you? I'm talking on the second date here - we already had the first day and had a nice hug at the end. After sleeping on it, I'm going to be optimistic and say it's because he liked me too, but he was being a gentleman

I really like this guy though, and although I'm definitely not ready for heavy physical stuff yet, I'm thinking of being the one to make the move on the second date.

Would that totally scare a shy guy away?!

I've never been in a situation where a girl made the first move. I'm assuming by first move you mean kiss on the lips?

I'd say the best approach would be that if it's after a date and you can see he's hesitating on going in for the kiss (even though you can tell he wants too); I think it would be a great relief for any shy guy if you just went for it...

Although results may vary I must warn you...

If you think he'll buckle at the knees if you kiss him on the lips just go for the cheek.

Originally Posted by KrisAnn

This is more a question for you shy guys, but anyone can answer

Would you be weirded out by a girl who made the first move on you? I'm talking on the second date here - we already had the first day and had a nice hug at the end. After sleeping on it, I'm going to be optimistic and say it's because he liked me too, but he was being a gentleman

I really like this guy though, and although I'm definitely not ready for heavy physical stuff yet, I'm thinking of being the one to make the move on the second date.

Would that totally scare a shy guy away?!

If you want to, you can definitely do it.

However, if he's interested in you, you can make him wait longer. It would give him more time to develop a stronger attraction (based on chemistry rather than instant lust) to you.

I'm about a 34C in breast size. I don't feel very attractive, seeing as how I'm letting myself go these days and now I feel like my body doesn't match my breasts.

Do all guys want girls to have perfect bodies? Or are you guys understanding and compassionate?

Do all girls ask questions they know the answers to?

I've never been in a situation where a girl made the first move. I'm assuming by first move you mean kiss on the lips?

I'd say the best approach would be that if it's after a date and you can see he's hesitating on going in for the kiss (even though you can tell he wants too); I think it would be a great relief for any shy guy if you just went for it...

Although results may vary I must warn you...

If you think he'll buckle at the knees if you kiss him on the lips just go for the cheek.

HAHA, yes I meant kiss on the lips! I'll take this into consideration, thanks! Assuming he calls for a second date...I haven't done this in a long time so I'm kind of freaking out. I feel like a freakin' teenager again!

I'm about a 34C in breast size. I don't feel very attractive, seeing as how I'm letting myself go these days and now I feel like my body doesn't match my breasts.

Do all guys want girls to have perfect bodies? Or are you guys understanding and compassionate?

"Letitng yourself go' is the biggest mistake you an ever make.

Imagine a guy if he lets himself go - what does that mean to you? Why should you canre about him if he doens;t even care about himself?

I wouldn't dance like that with a female friend, no (given that I have a partner). To me it seems less platonic, and more intimate. My guess? He was either caught up in the moment, or has feelings for you, or both.

I wouldn't dance like that with anyone I wasn't interested in, but didn't know if guys were the same way, or if they don't really think much of it.

Do you really believe alcohol is a "truth serum"? If someone tells me something when drunk, but either doesn't remember or doesn't own up to it sober, do you believe the drunk or the sober personality?

Oh yes it is!! It brings out the person's unspoken thoughts, those which they are usually in control of speaking.

Which is why the last time I was with my girl was such a gem to my healing process...

"I want to **** by boss's brains out."

"All these boys that want me...I just want to DEVOUR them all whole!!!"

Yeah, MAN EATER....

What's funny is how little she will admit or fess up to afterwards. She'll look at me like "no, I don't think that...No, i don't. No, I'm not going to sleep with my boss..."

Yes, sweetie, you are, and you;re going to take the whole world around you down when you fall.

Luckily, I'm FREE of that world!

If a guy tells you that he likes you, that he wants to take things slow, that he wants exclusivity, keeps in regular contact for almost a month ( time we have been seeing each other) but hasn't kissed you yet, is that a bad thing?

You're just gonna have to say something like "I really wish you'd jus$t kiss me..."

Chnaces are, he's either shy, wary of having his heart stomped in, or scared because he was with someone like my ex who stomped his heart it.

I notice sometimes I get choked up when I talk with certain guys I like.

Do you think most guys would mind?

I don't do this all the time...just when I'm really nervous or concerned about saying something embarrassing.

Also, I've noticed this situation in the past: When I'm having a conversation with a guy, he'll not say much. I try several times to include him in the conversation by asking him what he thinks of the spoken subject. For some reason, he won't say much at all. It makes me feel out of place and then there' s an awkward silence. So guys, what would you be thinking?

Archived