How to get my stuff back!

The exboyfrinend of a little over a month does need see the need to contact me back after numerous phone calls to try and get my things back. It is true I am no where near being over him and probly want be for a long time. However that is irrevlant to be wanting my keys to my car and apartment and some other odds and end things back. I have no clue what the issue is with giving me the stuff back. I dont know if it that he dosent want a confertation or if he dosent want to let go. We never fought and I still love him, I dont know if the feeling is the same but I do know right now he just needs his space. I cant give him that space until I get my stuff back. Any clues on what to do. I dont want to have to be mean becasue I do love him and do hope we get back together one day. Please help!

If only I could get all my things back from ex's. I think I would have a whole new wardrobe! One time I had an ex and I just sent her a fed ex envelope that she could stuff some things in (keys, cd's, etc.) and send back. It actually worked so that's my tactic which has led to some level of success. If you have a roommate you could always say she doesn't like the fact he still has the keys to the apt and wants you to pay for new locks if you don't get the keys back. That works as well.

My problem is the opposite - after 8 days of no contact, the ex sent me a brief email simply asking if I wanted him to bring my stuff by or "ship" it. I mean, how cold can you get? I didn't respond. But I actually do want my stuff back, and I have some of his things too. In actuality, I'm scared to talk to him and see him face to face. I've done so well in not contacting him, and keeping my dignity, but I'm afraid if I actually talk to him I'm going to completely lose my composure and let him see that he hurt me. And the last thing I want his is pity.

• 2 weeks later...

my situation is my my ex's stuff is still here. although there was never a cut and dry break up, but for all intesive purposes it's done. she hasn't asked for it back and i haven't asked her to take it back. i didn't ask her because i know if i do, i'm finalizing the break up, which i don't want to do. and if she asks for her stuff back then i know she's done too. i would like to work things out. the clothes she has here are of sentimental value, so i know she didn't forget about them. what do you girls think?

TIFF8434:

maybe that's what you ex is doing. holding onto that tether, because he wants to get back together at some point, but needs space to work it out or at least relax his anxieties.