Disney Channel

katt_marie

I don't know about you guys but sometimes when I watch the disney channel, I get this sense of happiness like I'm a child again. I was watching the movie Hercules recently on Disney today. I kept laughing at the funny parts that adults might not think its funny. Do you think that we have our points in life that we retrograde back into our youth? I feel like I'm going through that phase right now.

What do you guys think about this? Do you do the same or... is it just me being weird?

I don't know about you guys but sometimes when I watch the disney channel, I get this sense of happiness like I'm a child again. I was watching the movie Hercules recently on Disney today. I kept laughing at the funny parts that adults might not think its funny. Do you think that we have our points in life that we retrograde back into our youth? I feel like I'm going through that phase right now.

What do you guys think about this? Do you do the same or... is it just me being weird?

I was watching that too today haha I had never seen it before though believe it or not

One ofthe fun things about being a mom is getting to watch all of those Disney shows and movies again (and pretending that it is "my son" who wants to watch them)

Except when they watch the same ones 20 times a day. My friend's kid does that with each movie he decides he likes. For weeks on end, all we heard going through the house was "I like to move it move it! I like to move it move it!"

I watch invader zim and gargoyles with my boyfriend and friends.

The newer stuff for kids is junk in my opinion. We grew up in the cartoon golden age. When shows were fun, intelligent, and actually imaginative.

totally agree with you on the newer stuff for kids. I grew up in the late 80s with Ducktales, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers,etc. great cartoons back in the day. I actually bought the Ducktales dvd awhile back for nostalgia reasons. Brought back fond memories.

Except when they watch the same ones 20 times a day. My friend's kid does that with each movie he decides he likes. For weeks on end, all we heard going through the house was "I like to move it move it! I like to move it move it!"

Oh- I won't do that. lol We have limits on TV time and we like variety. That would go right through me. lol Toddlers do like the predicatability of knowing what is coming up next in a story- it's part of development- but it's WAY too boring for the parents.

I'd rather he get the repetition from books. As a kid, I think my little brother watched the movie "3 Ninjas" about 7000 times, when he was 5.

The newer stuff for kids is junk in my opinion. We grew up in the cartoon golden age. When shows were fun, intelligent, and actually imaginative.

I agree. I like cartoons and puppets much more than computer animation.

I like classic Disney movies much better than a lot of the current, newer Disney programs.

I don't have the Disney Channel, I do watch it when I go to the states, but I totally feel the same way when I watch cartoon that I used to watch when I was a little kid. Like you said makes you feel like a kid again. For me it also makes me feel like there is no worries in the world, reminds me of a time where everything was all right.

I agree. I like cartoons and puppets much more than computer animation.

I like classic Disney movies much better than a lot of the current, newer Disney programs.

However, Wall-E was one of the best disney movies in 20 years, in my opinion.

The amazing, mind blowing score. The characters, the plot, the heart. Absolutely breathtaking. Especially the music.

Really that's what disney movies are, just amazing scores.

However, Wall-E was one of the best disney movies in 20 years, in my opinion.

The amazing, mind blowing score. The characters, the plot, the heart. Absolutely breathtaking. Especially the music.

Really that's what disney movies are, just amazing scores.

I haven't seen it- I'll have to see it- oh I mean, MY SON has to see it.

I was watching that too today haha I had never seen it before though believe it or not

whaaaaaaaaaat? you never saw hercules! what the heck. it's the best... i feel like ever since i saw that, i want to watch Mulan. LOL.

But yes... I agree with debaser_wolf that the new stuff on TV is junk.... I don't like the new cartoons... I miss Rocko's Modern Life, Ahh! Real Monsters... All that cool stuff. Haha.

whaaaaaaaaaat? you never saw hercules! what the heck. it's the best... i feel like ever since i saw that, i want to watch Mulan. LOL.

But yes... I agree with debaser_wolf that the new stuff on TV is junk.... I don't like the new cartoons... I miss Rocko's Modern Life, Ahh! Real Monsters... All that cool stuff. Haha.

Rocko's modern life was great. The episode where Rocko and Heifer go to Europe and Rocko falls in love with that wallaby girl and heifer is just trying to find a fried chicken restaurant. Meanwhile, the tour guide guy FLIPS OUT because those two left the tour and he's never had it happen before.

Also, the episode where heifer video tapes Rocko through rocko's living room and rocko gets caught walking around his house naked in the middle of the night to get some milk. Then the video ends up being used in some artsy underground fad documentary thing.

Rocko's modern life was great. The episode where Rocko and Heifer go to Europe and Rocko falls in love with that wallaby girl and heifer is just trying to find a fried chicken restaurant. Meanwhile, the tour guide guy FLIPS OUT because those two left the tour and he's never had it happen before.

Also, the episode where heifer video tapes Rocko through rocko's living room and rocko gets caught walking around his house naked in the middle of the night to get some milk. Then the video ends up being used in some artsy underground fad documentary thing.

HAHA!! I don't remember the first one but the second most definitely. I also remember one episode when Heifer decides to get liposuction or something and he lost all this weight. There was his fat next to him like the fat "died" or something. Heifer got all sad and wanted to be fat. I'm not sure if I remembered the details correctly but that image of the fat floating next to Heifer always stayed with me! Lol.

HAHA!! I don't remember the first one but the second most definitely. I also remember one episode when Heifer decides to get liposuction or something and he lost all this weight. There was his fat next to him like the fat "died" or something. Heifer got all sad and wanted to be fat. I'm not sure if I remembered the details correctly but that image of the fat floating next to Heifer always stayed with me! Lol.

I love how hell was called "heck" and the satan/grim reaper thing was called "peaches"

Also, the recycle sing along one was amazing.

"R-E-C-Y-C-L-E recycle!

C-O-N-S-E-R-V-E convsere!

Don't you P-O-L-L-U-T-E the land, river, sky or sea!

Or else you're gonna get what you deserve!"

"You can't fight city hall!

You can't fight corporate america

They are big and you are small

No, you can't fight city hall!"

I love how hell was called "heck" and the satan/grim reaper thing was called "peaches"

Also, the recycle sing along one was amazing.

"R-E-C-Y-C-L-E recycle!

C-O-N-S-E-R-V-E convsere!

Don't you P-O-L-L-U-T-E the land, river, sky or sea!

Or else you're gonna get what you deserve!"

"You can't fight city hall!

You can't fight corporate america

They are big and you are small

No, you can't fight city hall!"

Wooww you definitely remember a lot more than me! My memory is so vague. I guess it was a kid thing I was just doo doo with the world or something. Lol.

I think that cartoons and tv shows for kids are no longer interesting, especially in Nickelodeon and the Disney Channel. It seems like all of their shows have something to do with kids with major attitude, especially the girls. I miss the old shows, Pete&Pete, Camp Anawana......

I liked Rocko's Modern Life too, and Hey Arnold, and Doug. I always get songs from Doug stuck in my head, Like I need more allowance, or banging on a trash can.

I liked Rocko's Modern Life too, and Hey Arnold, and Doug. I always get songs from Doug stuck in my head, Like I need more allowance, or banging on a trash can.

Ahhh! Doug! I forgot about Doug... I loved Quail Man and his dumb outfit. It rocked. Lol. I remembered that he always had that crush on patsy? i forget her name... but i do remember she had yellow hair with a blue shirt with pink polka dots on it.

Do you think that there's DVD's of these cartoons somewhere like season dvd's? I want to watch them again so bad! Lol.

Archived