I'm so sick of this job... Worked for 4 weeks and made nada! :(

I started this job cuz I thought it would be a good way to pay my bills.

How wrong I was.. LOL...

The boss never told us that the commissions wouldn't be paid out, based on a stipulation never revealed to us before we were hired.

ALL the people I was working with before, have QUIT!

The boss CLAIMED they fired them cuz they didnt' show up on time or took time off, but who wants to keep a job where you make NOTHING for 30 hours work???

I keep thinking I'll be lucky and get the commissions but the bosses are so immature and unprofessional! They dont' do background checks on ANYONE!

You wouldn't believe how many people I've worked with in this office, who have criminal backgrounds!

It's rather scary in a way.. even the boss's assistant, just recently told us she'd been in a jail for a couple of months. I'll not reveal it here, cuz anyone can read this forum.. but honestly.. I could start writting a novel on this place!

Well, a new guy has started. He's a kinda cool guy. and we've been talking and both agree this place is a sham. I am nervous I've given out my s.s. # to these people cuz I don't think they are legit in any sense of the word.

He just said the same thing to me.. he's nervous too they have his S.S.#

I'm not sure what to do.. I KNOW there's no sense me going back if they keep not paying me for ANY commission cuz we are NOT paid any hourly rate at all!

What would you do? talk to the boss, she's best friends with the mgr who's so strange.....

But this is such a complete waste of time for me.. and plus too, I'm using so much gas to get there...Plus ALL the hours of time I'm wastign getting NOTHING accomplished.

I've not made ONE PENNY in 4 weeks time! That's BS! ANd they wonder why i'm getting disgusted with their place of employment, if you want to call it that..

I've thought of caling the corporate office, but will NOT while I work there. The boss , is supposed to verify our appt. but often does NOT.

Now they've lost all my appt sheets for the week! Plus they keep hiring criminals to work there! Everyone except for me and the new guy seems to have some kind of criminal record.

To think they have access to all these customers phone & home addys is frightening to say the least!

It sounds like the lame Knife Co. scam. They get people who won't be hired anywhere else, students in or just out of high school, criminals, and other people with no work history.

At Knife Co. they ask you to sell knives and the first couple of sales are easy because you normally go and sell to your family. They buy the knives to support you and your new job and the company makes the money and then when you realize there is almost now way to consistently sell knives door to door you stop making what little commission you made and try and get a real job mean while the company just replaces you with more suckers who sell a few more over priced knife sets.

Jobs like that are every where. Just quit, it's a hard job market but not so hard that you should be working in a job that doesn't pay you.

The sad part was I have sort of screwed up my other job. it only paid me min wage, but at least they gave me some hours per week and I was paid SOMETHING, which sure beats NOTHING!

I'm going to work tomorrow and feel so much better about my PAYING job as opposed to my NON-Paying Job, which of course, I know is related to the fact I'm NEVER sure I'm going to may ANYTHING on my Sales-Commission ONLY job and so far I have NOT made anything.

I am good at getting people to sign up for appt. but if they never show up, I'm paid ZIP!

What a crock and a bunch of crooks these other people are! They make my other job, that only a min. wage PT job look like heaven, honestly!

Thanks rose phase, I agree. Supposedly before the boss was paying her other workers SOMETHING per week whether they made the sales or not.. But she complained they were not trying hard.

Reading this, makes me realize how foolish I've been to keep this job. I could be doing volunteering work and getting more out of it!

I've heard if you quit these jobs (I knew a girl who sold perfume knockoffs) they make you repay them for your samples and for your training time. It's big bucks, by the way. That is why they have your ss#, so they can track you if you leave. This girl moved to another state to get away from them!

Well, there are a lot of scam artists out there. Apparently they are one of them.

After finding out that for WEEK FOUR, I STILL didn't get one cent for commission, I'm no longer showing up there.

What do they expect? That you'll work for FREE, week after week after week???

They are insane. I feel sorry for whomever is foolish enough to try working for them, but it seems they've scammed alot of people.

And tell me, what kind of company, does not even HAVE A SIGN ON THE DOOR announcing what company they are?

I am starting to think they are a front for some other thing.

They have the strangest friends, people i'd probably rather NOT meet in a dark alley somewhere,

Sorry I stuck it out for as long as i did. At least my other job pays SOMETHING, which surely beats NOTHING by a country mile!

It sounds like the lame Knife Co. scam. They get people who won't be hired anywhere else, students in or just out of high school, criminals, and other people with no work history.

Haha! I had friends that did this in college. Same result as OP- lots of time and gas wasted, and they made nothing. There was one girl that we knew of though that pulled in pretty fat paychecks from this gig, but she was this bubbly, flirty, model-type. lol. It's about the only way you're going to get people to buy $200 knives on impulse.

Archived