My Bf cheated and I want to know how to get over it

blondissima

You just have to realise, you either let it go and forgive him. Or you break up from the pressure of it hanging over your heads. You really need to try and let it go.

Could you go to counselling together?

Is he doing everything possible to rebuild your trust?

It takes two to get over this. You need to be mature about it and if you have said you forgive it, you have to mean that. He needs to do everything he can to show you you have made the right decision.

Just remember, as much as it hurts, you have made the decision tow ork it out, and the only way to do that is to forgive, not forget, but not bring it up.

My bf cheated on me sexually but not emotionally and I want to know how I can get through it with him. I have already made the decision to stay with him. How can I not bring up the cheating whenever we fight?

its very very tough. for me my ex cheated on me also. tried to make it work. i for gave her but could never forget what she did. i had a lot of built up anger and it was not fair for the relationship. i could never fully trust her again. so i had to break it off.

You just have to realise, you either let it go and forgive him. Or you break up from the pressure of it hanging over your heads. You really need to try and let it go.

Could you go to counselling together?

Is he doing everything possible to rebuild your trust?

It takes two to get over this. You need to be mature about it and if you have said you forgive it, you have to mean that. He needs to do everything he can to show you you have made the right decision.

Just remember, as much as it hurts, you have made the decision tow ork it out, and the only way to do that is to forgive, not forget, but not bring it up.

He has a quick temper and I keep pushing issues so we fight. Otherwise things are well.

My bf cheated on me sexually but not emotionally and I want to know how I can get through it with him.

So you mean you only feel sexually betrayed and not emotionally betrayed?? When the most sacred connection between a couple has been violated, how can the relationship go on? He doesn't respect your feelings....what's the point of being in a relationship with such a person?

So you mean you only feel sexually betrayed and not emotionally betrayed?? When the most sacred connection between a couple has been violated, how can the relationship go on? He doesn't respect your feelings....what's the point of being in a relationship with such a person?

I already said I choose to be with him and I'm not looking to be judged on anything but finding a way to work at it with him

If you're going to stay together you have to remember that your relationship will never again be the same, it can only be different. You'll have to sit down with him and develop a plan. Discuss the things about it that bother you the most and make sure he understands them completely. You have to be able to talk about anything at anytime to him.

Did you properly discuss with him why he cheated, why he was tempted, in what context this occurred (too much to drink, always had his eye on this person). Is he really sorry for what he has done? Is he trying to make amends? If you have chosen to forgive him and continue the relationship then you have to put it behind you. Forgiving someone and moving forward in the relationship means that you have to look at the relationship you have with him, see the wonderful things you have with him and all the wonderful things in the future you will have with him. You have to put images of his indiscretion out of your mind and you have to refrain from "beating him up" with it. Lashing out at him means that you haven't truly forgiven him and haven't truly put this behind you enough to make the relationship work. After cheating BOTH sides need to work at re-building..the cheater needs to be sincerely regretful and showing how much he/she cares...the person who was betrayed needs to put it in the past and lay it to rest. If you can't lay it to rest and it still eats away at you then you might not be ready to resume this relationship.

Archived