Men... What is this guy after anyway? I'm so confused

RomanticAthart

Has he made a move yet?

Are you flattered by the text now that you realize it was for you? (You originally seemed offended)

Anyways, it seems like you have shed a better light on him and are feeling better about this. Do you get to talk to him a lot about his home life, past, etc? Those would be good signs that you're developing a nice friendship or more.

Well..the text.... I see it as a sort of silly, off-the-wall thing to send, but I am not really offended anymore...

Yeah, we have talked ALOT about ourselves.. I mean he is REALLY easy to talk to... I found out his ancestors have been in the country for 2 centuries now.. since like the 1770s...

I think the nice thing about him is that I can be myself around him...

Whether this goes anywhere I do not know... it is sort of motivating me though to improve on myself..

I have lost at least 10 lbs since June and am starting to get my act together in different ways... so it has not been an awful thing hanging out with him.. not at all!

I think, in a town like this, it is kinda nice anyone wants to hang out with me.. we have so many snobs in our town, savignon

• 2 weeks later...

I don;t know. I back on the fence about this guy..

Have NOT heard from him all week! I bet he found someone at the beach to hook up with.

I sent a few texts to him last week, asking him to send me some photos of the beach or sunset since he was going to beach with his family this past week, but nada!

He did not send me anything, he did not call me back. or text me back at all!

I mean. what is the point of this anyway? I am fed up to begin with.. I have been trying all week to find a decent job and it is pitiful...

Bad enuf trying to keeep my head above water financially without having the hassle of having a guy who keeps jerking me around...

I am in a BAD MOOD lately. I am so sick of filling out applications and going back time after time to talk to the manager, hoping they might hire me..

and now I am dealing with what I feel is sort of the same situation in the dating world!

efF this! LOL. i;m sorry, censors, but I guess what it comes down to, is i am SICK & tired of people wasting my goddamn time!! It is SO annoying....

i don't see anything to be on the fence about - he's pretty clear that he's not interested in having a serious thing with you. he writes you when he feels like it, doesn't when he doesn't. i'd forget about him and try to meet a guy with more interest in you.

oh, I do not even CARE about him having a serious Thing with me Annie! I would just like to be treated with some decency & respect you would show a friend, that is all.

I mean really... even a casual "friend" would have the decency to return your phone calls within a day or so...not this guy!

I just got a text message from a guy I worked with a few months ago. I mean, we were not "romantic" with each other, the guy was gay, but we got along alright and would call each other sometimes just to chat..

that is all I want..

Just to have him return a phone call within a few hours of me calling him... if he cannot even be a Friend, then I think he should not be calling me late at night...

That seems inappropriate..

The problem is..there are NOT too many single eligible guys to date in this town.

I need to try branching out and getting out of town more.. This place is pathetic when it comes to dating.. it is even worse trying to find a job here...

Well, I just found out my head mgr at my regular job has lost her job Annie! This is completely messed up! She was the only one capable of being a manager.. Now I gotta decide if I wanna quit a job I hardly work at anyway.. with a bunch of asst managers who should NOT be managers in the first place!! What a week! ](*,)

Yeah.. that is my whole point of this point..

He does NOT act like a good friend, or even a friend at all!

And yet, he still expects me to invite him over....late at night when he will NOT return my calls at ALL during the week!

I think that is nervy and rude of him.

And that makes me not desire him at all, in a romantic way.... if he cannot even show that much consideration of my feelings...

I went out of town yesterday for work..

I was surprised, pleasantly so, how much friendlier people are out of our town.

People were TALKING to me in stores! LOL

I know that sounds strange to read, but you would NOT believe how snotty people are in the town I live in!

I am about to QUIT the job I have now.. they have not given me ANY HOURS AT ALL for the PAST 2 WEEKS!

How do they expect me to survive? They are ALSO usually snotty as hell to me at work...

it is just NOT a nice situation to be in.. so the last thing I really need is a guy who thinks it is okay to come over my house, late in the evening, but cannot be bothered to answer a single phone call or text message during the week at decent hours!

I don;t need to be disrespected anymore by people....

Well, I made a friend at my last job.. I no longer work there, nor does he, but he invited me over to help me on a new company I just go in with....

I thought that was very nice of him!

He is a very young guy and he is gay, so we are not going to be involved romantically, but he was being a friend and being kind to me.. and I need that type of treatment from someone I date.. not this garbage where I am ignored week after week!

It reminds me of work! It is like I do not exist except when they need me the most!

Later for that crap!

I just stumbled on your thread and read it up to speed. All I can say is that it's not worth wasting your time and getting frustrated. You have to confront him and make things clear. You don't have to say straight out "What am I to you?" but, you should just question him a bit or at least express your current dilemma.

I'm trying to understand the thing where he texted you.

the next text I send is to tell me to LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!

Now did you send that to him? Or is that what he replied to you after you asked him if the original text was for someone else? If it was his response to you then there is seriously a problem.

No, I never did send him a text saying Leave Me the Hell Alone@

I did send a text |"asking if he intended this for someone else, and why did he not answer any of my calls.. what is up with that?"

THAT was the text I sent.. he did not respond..

God.. what IS it with the guys in this damn town???? I just heard from this guy, a totally different guy whom, I cannot even remember HOW long ago I met him.. it was AT LEAST a year or more since I have heard from him.

I met him at this club.. nice little place and we started talking.. he was hanging out with a male buddy of his, and they asked me to give them a lift home after he bought me a couple of drinks. I said no.. "I did not have room in the car for both of them, (I did not cuz I had stuff in the car), and after all, they were strangers to me and it did not seem that safe at the time.

He seemed ok, but his friend, I had doubts about.. They wanted me to come over and hang out, but * it seemed not too smart. I told him we could hang out some other time and he said, sure, I could come over and play music with him. He is a professional musician and I'm an amateur one, but he never did invite me over! I would call him, from time to time, once in a while he would answer, than after awhile he never answered my calls at ALL. I felt like such a fool after awhile......

Now.. he calls me tonite or rather texts me to ask me "what is up?" Well, I just don't even remember what the guy looks like hardly! It has been THAT long since I have seen him.. Evidentally he & his band have been touring all over the country, according to him, but STILL you could STILL have the decency to return a call, it seeeeeems.. maybe that is ME, to expect any sort of courtesy, but when you do me dirty, or act inconsiderate, I consider that a turn-off and am NOT happy with you, the next time I hear from ya....

He has asked me if I would like to come hang out at the same place we met, some time in the next few weeks, but I dunno......

what is the point of that? I'm on the fence about this.. cuz this just reminds me SO of the other guy!

Why not ask me out on a date? Why not ask me over, like you had originally said you were going to do??

The club is halfway accross town. I have no money really tø sit and hang out.. I feel sort of hurt by the way he treated me from before......

He is going to be taking off with his band again soon, so what would be the point really?

This is SO typical of what the guys in this town act like.. they treat ya like crap! sorry but it is just the truth...

i have a hard time believing that all the men in one geographic area treat their women or friends like crap, and that guys in the next town are far better. maybe it's a state of mind?

i think if this guy isn't treating you right as a friend, then just forget about him and move on.

Well, you might have a hard time believing it Annie, but it is a fact..

I have people come visit our town all the time and tell me they don't think that people are polite at all in this town!

Our town has gotten a reputation for being trashy & disrespectful unfortunately....And unfortunately that has become how this place is....

I hate that it is like that, but I have no control over it....

It is a sad, but true fact! It is very sad, cuz once we lived in a town where people were very considerate and kind to strangers. That is actually why I moved here in the first place, cuz people were once so sweet and kind to outsiders and people in general.

Now, it is not that way at all, we've grown tremendously popuplation-wise over the last few years, and what was a small town, has become a city.. a rather cold-hearted city at that.

I wish you wouldn't discredit my posts Annie. I am not trying to be disrespectul or bash you in any way, but when I come to a forum that is supposed to allow you to vent your feelings, and try to talk about all the unfortunate things that happen in my life, due to the circumstances that DO exist in my town, it is not only disheartening, it is downright depressing....

I'm having trouble surviving as it is.. our unemployment rate is over 13% in our area.. I cannot find a job to save my life.. I'm extremely concerned about my welfare, as how do you manage to pay bills when you cannot get a decent job??? I only work part-time now. and my workplace refuses to give me more than a few hours a month!

As far as the next town being nicer, lol, YES, it is very true.. even the businesses are like that!

It is funny, cuz there was one grocery store I used to frequent that I loved so... well, the employees there were just SO nice to their customers, it was a pleasure to shop there.

When I moved into this town, they had the same grocery store, they were a chain, but honesty, the employees are just so rude and NOT friendly at all!

It is funny, cuz whenever I leave town, I just notice how much nicer the people are in the town where I'm visiting, as opposed to where I live!

You can believe it or not, Annie, but it IS a fact!

Towns change.. what was once a nice town, can easily become a hateful one, and what was a rude town, can also become a polite town...

Sadly, ours has changed for the worse. I guess they call that progress, as we are considered more "successfull" now, to outsiders, but good luck trying to find a decent job in our town, or trying to make cool friends.

It is a fact, it doesn't matter if you believe me or not, that is just the way it IS Annie.. We've even had the local newspapers print stories to this effect, so if you want to call me a liar, or claim I'm making it up.. I have the facts the prove that it is not a lie!

Archived