Do guys like curvy girls?

Emi85

I gained a bit of weight lately.

4 months ago, I used to model, I was 5'8'' and was around 110 pounds. I seemed to get a lot of attention from the guys back then although I was told I was too skinny. My doctor told me I was at an unhealthy weight and had to gain some.

I was given supplements and started eating more so now I'm at 135. The modeling agency gave me the boot.....told me I'm too chubby. I feel horrible!

The guy I'm dating seems very nice about it, he actually told me he likes me better this way....

But a question for the guys, do you prefer skinnier girls or a girl with some meat on her bones? I guess I have become quite insecure since I gained weight.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5'8 and 135?? That's not even curvy lol you're still skinny

I'm not a guy so I don't know, but I think most like curves. I'm unfortunately built like a twig and I've tried putting on weight but it never goes to boobs and ass, so I just said forget it and went back to 103 lbs. I'll bet you look great Screw the modeling agency. They look for girls that are UNDERweight.

I would totally believe it if they guy you're dating says he likes you better at your current weight.

I'm not a guy, but most guys I know would prefer a woman at your current size because the size you were before is "too" skinny. Yes, there is such a thing as too skinny. 110 isn't terrible for 5'8, but 135 is MUCH healthier and still sexy. So, no worries! If your doc said you were at an unhealthy weight, you have to make that a priority over the modeling world's unrealistic expectations of women's bodies.

I'm surprised your agency gave you the boot. You are in the normal range for your height. You are actually still boardering the the underweight line. I wouldn't worry so much about what everyone else is saying about your weight. If you feel that you are a beautiful being, then that is all that should matter. Your weight doesn't make you who you are. Beauty starts from the inside out. That's the way it is, that's the way it has always been.

Thanks! That makes me feel better I'm trying not to let it bother me too much. I joined the gym and am going to just focus on staying healthy. It's just kind of a hit to the ego when you get told you are getting "chunky" for modeling.

Ha ha...you guys are helping...thanks....I have a behind now and my boobs grew a little too so I'm not complaining but I also have bigger thighs which I'm not too happy about but I guess I can live with that.

As long as the curves are concentrated in the T&A zones its sexy. I like skinny girls, always have. Don't go overboard with the eating, or you may end up more than curvy (i.e. FAT). It's important not to gain a lot of fat in the face!!! A lot of women who gain weight (even if they are really pretty) look kinda piggish when they the weight. And girls who started out large and lost a lot of weight look fantastic even if they weren't born too pretty. Fat really hurts a woman's appearance. So be careful not to eat too much now!

Ha ha...you guys are helping...thanks....I have a behind now and my boobs grew a little too so I'm not complaining but I also have bigger thighs which I'm not too happy about but I guess I can live with that.

No one should have to validate your beauty. You should feel beautiful -- even if someone else says otherwise.

Don't let that model agency bring you down. What do they want ill women?

As long as the curves are concentrated in the T&A zones its sexy. I like skinny girls, always have. Don't go overboard with the eating, or you may end up more than curvy (i.e. FAT). It's important not to gain a lot of fat in the face!!! A lot of women who gain weight (even if they are really pretty) look kinda piggish when they the weight. And girls who started out large and lost a lot of weight look fantastic even if they weren't born too pretty. Fat really hurts a woman's appearance. So be careful not to eat too much now!

You've got a point. I'm stopping with the supplements now and going to go on my regular diet pretty soon here. I have to admit I pigged out a little and probably wasn't eating too healthy for a few months. I'll try to maintain my current weight and stay active. Hopefully it won't be too difficult.

No one should have to validate your beauty. You should feel beautiful -- even if someone else says otherwise.

Don't let that model agency bring you down. What do they want ill women?

That is what they were striving for honestly. I was not very healthy at 110 pounds. I was not getting my periods and didn't have very much energy at all....I felt kind of weak. When I went to my doctor, I found out I had some serious hormonal imbalances. I'm much better now.

That is what they were striving for honestly. I was not very healthy at 110 pounds. I was not getting my periods and didn't have very much energy at all....I felt kind of weak. When I went to my doctor, I found out I had some serious hormonal imbalances. I'm much better now.

I know. It's called amenorhhea. In a nutshell, when your body doesn't get the proper amount of nutrients, it will cease your menstrual cycle to preserve your body's nutrients. It's not a good thing. It can alter your reproductive system and lead to infertility. You are too beautiful to do that to yourself. I'm proud that you are taking the right steps to a healthier lifestyle.

And that's all that should really matter, it's a good thing when you are no longer in such a situation.

I completely agree. It is kind of difficult though when the media and the modeling agencies are portraying the image that skinny is beautiful. As soon as I gained weight and didn't fit into their size 2 anymore.....I felt like an outcast.....

I completely agree. It is kind of difficult though when the media and the modeling agencies are portraying the image that skinny is beautiful. As soon as I gained weight and didn't fit into their size 2 anymore.....I felt like an outcast.....

Did you know that the media portrayed women are supposed to make you feel bad about yourself...That is what they do...That is how they sell these stupid dietary products, that is what gets them ratings (even tho you want so badly to turn off the TV, you can't because all you can do is watch the bimbos with big boobs on VH1 run around acting like crazy *****s and think to yourself "I wish I looked like her)...That is what the media does. It distorts peoples perception of real life & true beauty.

lol ok let's be supportive but not totally bash skinny people now y'all...

No worries, I still think skinny is gorgeous....I was like that for most of my life...just trying to adjust to my new figure now.

Archived