weird bank of america charges. help!

Weird charges! What is this?? I returned something to target and got $24 some odd back on my card. Now I have a random $150 and $6 charge on my card??? That's all of my money and I'm in the negative now! Do you know what that means???

CHECKCARD 0701 TEXACO XPRESS LUBE1029 ATLANTA GA 24765019183006003690089 07/03/2009 * * * * -$100.15

RETURNED ITEM CHARGEBACK FEE 07/02/2009 * * * * -$6.00

RETURN ITEM CHARGEBACK 07/02/2009 * * * * -$150.00

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're being hammered for being overdrawn. The last two entries are the fees the bank is ripping you off for. 6 bucks for them handling the overdraft and the 150 buck penalty. I'd call customer service and scream bloody blue murder. Most likely won't do much to get them to waive any of the charge, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I had plenty of money in my account. I never overdraft and I make deposits almost daily. I'm out of town and need this money! I still have pending transactions. Are they going to charge me overdraft fees? I effing hate BoA and always have. What are they charging me a penalty on?

Holy crap I figured it out... a client of mine bounced his check for $150 and the bank charged me $6 for that. Crap. That's enver happened before. How do I handle this??? What do I say? He's been a client for 2 years and it's never happened!

He could have been timing a deposit when he wrote the check. Unfortunately, banks ALWAYS process the outgoing money before they process the deposits during the nightly runs. I'd contact the client and inform him the check was returned NSF.

He could have been timing a deposit when he wrote the check. Unfortunately, banks ALWAYS process the outgoing money before they process the deposits during the nightly runs. I'd contact the client and inform him the check was returned NSF.

I just sent them this:

I just saw on my bank account that your check for $150.00 came back returned. I’m not sure how to handle it all; I’ve never had a client’s check be returned so I’m really unsure of the process to handle it all. Can you let me know what’s going on if you know? I’m in Florida right now and won’t be back till Monday but we can talk then if you need to call me; otherwise email is easier. Hopefully I won’t get overdraft fees since I’ve been using my card thinking the money was in there! Eek! Hope you guys can help me figure out what to do! Thanks!

I also included a screenshot of the check and the fee from my bank account.

I just sent them this:

I just saw on my bank account that your check for $150.00 came back returned. I’m not sure how to handle it all; I’ve never had a client’s check be returned so I’m really unsure of the process to handle it all. Can you let me know what’s going on if you know? I’m in Florida right now and won’t be back till Monday but we can talk then if you need to call me; otherwise email is easier. Hopefully I won’t get overdraft fees since I’ve been using my card thinking the money was in there! Eek! Hope you guys can help me figure out what to do! Thanks!

I also included a screenshot of the check and the fee from my bank account.

b of a are jerks. i used to have a very regular deposit in my account, every month, the same amount. well, one time, they decided to suspend and process it for 10 business day, and then they charged me a $30 fee for every "bounced check" i wrote as a result. i screamed and fought, they gave me back the $200+ in "bounced check" fees. sheesh. they are asses. i am so much happier with my little credit union.

b of a are jerks. i used to have a very regular deposit in my account, every month, the same amount. well, one time, they decided to suspend and process it for 10 business day, and then they charged me a $30 fee for every "bounced check" i wrote as a result. i screamed and fought, they gave me back the $200+ in "bounced check" fees. sheesh. they are asses. i am so much happier with my little credit union.

Well if I get overdraft fees, I'm hoping my brother in law"s mom can take them off if the bank itself won't. He said he'll ask her about it.

I'm surprised this has happened. These guys are loaded by the look of their house...

Well if I get overdraft fees, I'm hoping my brother in law"s mom can take them off if the bank itself won't. He said he'll ask her about it.

I'm surprised this has happened. These guys are loaded by the look of their house...

Archived