I just broke up with my girlfriend about 3 weeks ago. We had been going out for only about 3 months and she decided she wanted to end it because she is not ready for a long term relationship. But she also wants to be friends and i have no problem with that it's just when we talk on the phone we always end up fighting And lately she been rushing me off the phone. She says that when she is ready for a long term relationship we will get back together but i want her now not later. It just sucks because i really love her and because of this i can't eat or sleep all i do is think about her. Any help?

It is always painful and unfortunate when someone we love no longer loves us in the same way we want or need. The tendencey is to always look back, to wistfully (not to mention wishfully) focus on all the good parts, and to replay them over and over again in your mind. For the near term this is expected, although very painful. The only real advice I can give you would be to try not to dwell on the past. The simplest things, such as schoolwork, keeping your house or room clean, hobbies, or even reaching out to help others (i.e. volunteer work) would be a much better way to spend your time in a more positive direction. If she'd really like to remain friends (although I have suspicions about how long this will continue, since she's already begun to distance herself from you beyond the breakup), don't hover. Allow her to hold that very special place in your heart, but don't let it stop you from moving forward with your life. If fate leads you two back together, then it'll happen. If not, you've already begun taking positive steps to put your life back on track.

Sorry I can't offer you any more positive advice,

If the two of you are always fighting, as much as you would like to keep this relationship around, it may not be meant to be. You are not together, yet there is much haste between you. The reason could be that there is confusion as to why the relationship ended aside from the fact that she didn't want a long term relationshiip. There could be pent up frustration that you are not together. I would distance yourself a bit. Don't just settle for what you can get. Be your own person. Accept her as your friend, but do not try to pretend that you are together if you are not. You will be much happier and be able to understand the sitauation better by trying to let go a bit. I hope everything works out for you.