9 months and still I feel the same

I liked this woman a lot (possibly loved) but she kept hurting me. we would be together, then she would push away, then together then push etc etc. I kept hurting so bad I ended up moving halfway accross the country just to get over her. I figure out of sight, out of mind, nope...

6 months after I moved we started talking in email. She expressed (yet again) a desire to be with me and like always I thought she meant it this time. I believed her so much I spent over $2k flying up for the weekend just to spend with her. When I got back she was being distant with me. After a week and a half I asked her why and she said she was reconsidering me and she didnt know how she fealt about me.

I have done a lot to keep my mind off her. I started my own business, I have gone on dates, worked out and do everything I can to better myself and I still every morning wake up thinking about here,wondering why she treats me the way she does and why I still want to be with her. I dont know if this is that "want what you cannot have" but does that last for so long and that extreme? My feelings are the same as they were so long ago. It's like I know I deserve better, but I still want her.

Hello savagegerbil,

I understand it has been a long 9 months now, and you have tried to move on, but was sucked back in by her in the process, and now you are back to square one in trying to move on again.

9 months, that is a very very very long time. Almost a year. i have done less then a quarter of the effort you have put in to try and move on, and 8 months later i have a new girlfriend who wants to marry me (women ), and i don't want my ex back. There is someting you are not doing right here.

I liked this woman a lot (possibly loved) but she kept hurting me. we would be together, then she would push away, then together then push etc etc. I kept hurting so bad I ended up moving halfway accross the country just to get over her. I figure out of sight, out of mind, nope......I still every morning wake up thinking about here,wondering why she treats me the way she does and why I still want to be with her.

I presuming that the two of you stay in contact? Possibly through e-mails? If so i advise you to cut it off. You keep moving on and get pulled back in. You keep getting up and then knocked back down again, and it will continue to cycle until you decide to paint your life new life by taking her out of that picture. Its time you stopped wasting your life like this, and make sure that it doesn not go over 9 months of hurt and want.

You said 6 months after you moved. do you mean that you did not contact each other up to that 6 month point when the e-mails started transfering again? Whether that is the case or not, you still had feelings for her and spent upto $2000 to go and see her in person after she told you she missed you and wanted you back. No more $2000 trips. No more e-mails, and no more contact. All these things you are doing will not mean a thing if you continue to keep them around to knock you back down again.

Good luck